Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2007, 10:10 pm

Greentea wrote:
I'm 45. I can't believe an 82 year old is able to do internet forums... I so wish my father would.

I used to teach internet,email and laptop classes to Recreational Vehicle owners on the Oregon Coast. My median age for students was 72. They loved to keep up with their grandkids and great grand kids through email and webcams, etc. Once they caught on to the 'typewriter' aspect of the skill, they were GREAT!

my dad was a Ham Radio operator and was active until his death at 97. He loved to have conversations with people around the world. The internet was just a different way to connect.

Merle

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 2:17 am

Hi, all. Yeah, for the older crowd!!

I'm 46, and I'm glad to see all of us. The more visible we are, the more people will realize Aspies and HFA's existed way before the "Crisis."

Rjaye.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 3:28 am

In my country, AS is a condition only kids have. Forums, diagnoses, social security assistance, it's all for parents of aspie kids. We don't exist for the health system. Or maybe they think we shouldn't exist.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 5:25 am

I'm nearly 63. I'm also NT and have never 'grown up'. My close friends are playful too. No proper adults for me!

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex