Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Quirk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2007, 8:27 am

I love travel so much that I decided to work in the business. I've been to nearly 40 countries now. It's my passion. My mother tells me I was able to read maps before I could actually read! I love the planning - I can get absorbed for hours just reading about my destination. It definitely changes my outlook on things but I'm still an aspie when I'm away. I just feel more free and that ultimately helps my outlook on everything.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 2:12 pm

Izaak, I enjoyed reading your post and admire your ability to travel alone for long periods. Btw, I stayed at the MGM in Vegas for a few days once, it was lovely.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 7:14 pm

yeah, I played baccarat there.. just like James Bond :)

Though I wasn't wearing a dinner suit at the time... apart from seeing Elvis, drinking martinis and losing 5 hundred bucks at that baccarat table was my favourite Las Vegas experience.

Oh, apart from having a photo taken with a Christina Aguilera look alike!! !

And greentea: what's favourite location/activity in western europe?
And I reckon i am opposite. I'll research a place... but my itinerary consists of all the stuff I want to get done by the time i leave... I just wake up each morning and start going about getting there. Then doing it. I love the inconsistency of it all... a holiday for me is all about breaking the little rules that govern my day to day existence. I.E. I shun (as much as I can) all the structured planning and routine to the best of my ability so that getting off the bus a stop early and walking around the long way is a source of immense pleasure.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2007, 7:15 pm

Oh... sorry... delayed empathic response :)

Thankyou for the compliment Greentea.