Has your Aspergers/autism worsened with age or diagnosis?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 3:07 pm

Lady Strange wrote:
Very well said! I agree, yes the more stress = the harder to cope. I've learned this a lot this past year.

Everyone's biology's different on this but B Complex vitamins, Lion's Mane formulas, and CBD gummies have been a life-saver for me. The past few years have been the worst of my life by a long shot in terms of job stress and even workplace Machiavellianism and I feel like I somewhat owe my ability to get through that without profound damage (some, not nearly as much as I might have expected) I owe to being able to take those sorts of supplements, having a meditation routine, etc.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 6:33 am

Yes, I also take vitamin B pills during times of stress.
It seems to help a little.

Cloudman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jun 2021, 7:05 am

I feel better in terms of controlling emotions but other than that as I age I seem to focus soo much on something that I forget other important things. For example I might focus on the job skills and stop caring about being social or I'll focus too much on a subject and burn out. I think my main issue is I got no step by step plan to achieve what I want. I want to live on some kind of organic farm where you have an income and work for food and housing a much more simple lifestyle. And will expose me to new ways of being

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

I honestly think that my actual symptoms have stayed mostly the same throughout my life, but I eventually just got good at masking them. After going through a burnout and not interacting with people regularly at school anymore, my symptoms are "worse" since I can't mask as well.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 3:43 pm

Personally, getting older and wiser in a time of growing awareness of the Autism Spectrum largely proves favorable. Yet, participation in social settings continues to remain elusive.

Reassessing strengths in order to reassess the weakness (again with social participation) seems favorable.

Personal-growth remains the operative concept.

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2021, 8:03 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Personal-growth remains the operative concept.

Exactly. :D
Becoming "the best possible version of the self."

Don't know about the spectrum specifically, hadn't thought of it - but does seem things in general ease up.
All those "boy, you gotta sweat this - this is critical, this is really, really, really, really, really, REALLY important" -- well, you find out it just isn't the case at all.

Those barking dogs have tails that wag.