Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cheekybean
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Aug 2021, 6:02 pm

Soooo
I just got off the phone w/ someone that specializes in diagnosing adult women. When I get nervous I start to babble and be "extra". That was me most of the conversation. I wanted to meet in person instead of online just to get the full diagnosing experience especially since its pricey. He tells me he doesnt have anything available until October. I googled him online just to read about his experience and found he had availability next week. It did say virtual visits but Im not sure if it also applied to in office.

I feel the guilt setting in thinking it was something about me he didnt like and didnt want to hurt my feelings so just said October was the earliest. A part of me wants to call him back and asked if hes mad at me lol. I dont know how Im feeling...just odd and scrambled. Has anyone else experienced this or can relate?

Also, does anyone have any reviews/ experiences w/ Better Help? I just signed up and I hope I dont regret it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 6:09 pm

Do you mean october this year? Oh. I talk a lot or I am silent. When I talk I can easily put my foot in it and then I go all insecure and go quiet assuming that I have done wrong and hoping the ones I am talking to say something to reassure me that my talking is ok etc.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 7:46 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
When I talk I can easily put my foot in it and then I go all insecure and go quiet assuming that I have done wrong and hoping the ones I am talking to say something to reassure me that my talking is ok etc.

Yup. Once I start talking to ppl. I find talking with people comes with expectations. I mean literally every time!

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2021, 8:21 pm

Diagnostic appts & initial appts can be much longer than a regular appt. So, yes, he may be booked out until Oct for those types. If it takes an hour or two & he only has 15 min blocks that are avail, but scattered thru-out the day, then he is both avail & booked until Oct. This isn't uncommon. It's also why you want on the list now.

It also may have to do with virtual vs irl too. If you'd requested irl, & he's not doing that yet, then Oct may be the first avail in-office appt.

Cheekybean wrote:
...he doesnt have anything available until October. I googled him online just to read about his experience and found he had availability next week. It did say virtual visits but Im not sure if it also applied to in office.

I feel the guilt setting in thinking it was something about me he didnt like and didnt want to hurt my feelings so just said October was the earliest. A part of me wants to call him back and asked if hes mad at me lol.