Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 12:43 pm

When I find clothing that I like, I actually wash it every single night, and wear the same outfit every single day for a month or 2, just because nothing else seems comfortable. My bf thinks I am absolutely nuts.

Does anyone else do anything similar?

I'm my own guinea pig.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

22 Jul 2007, 12:45 pm

I tend to do that with trousers. Though I don't wash them quite as much. I do the same with shoes.. I'll wear the same pair of shoes every day for like a month, and then wear a different pair the next month, etc. I have a lot of shoes.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 12:53 pm

I wear the same clothing day after day. I am meticulous about them being clean so I have three pairs of the same identical trousers and jackets for summer and I wash them in baby laundry soap and fragrance free fabric softener and in a month or two they are threadbare and soooo soft.

It's interesting, though, in my mind I reason that people around me need to see me in the same outfits so they can remember who I am. I am doing it for their convenience. Recently, I have come to understand it is only ME that needs people to wear the same clothing so I can remember who THEY are. So I suppose, that frees me up to wear other clothing. . .at least to mix it up a bit.

humm... let's see if I can do that. I challenge myself to wear other pieces of clothing in my closet tomorrow at work. Let's see if I don't go home at noon to change *HA!*

Merle

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:16 pm

Except for work, where I'm not supposed to wear the same every day, I wear the same dress all summer and the same training suit the rest of the year. I only buy clothes and shoes for work.

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2007, 1:30 pm

I wear the same outfit for abot a week or until it gets dirty, whichever comes first. I guess I just prefer my clothes smelling like me as opposed to detergent.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:31 pm

I'll do this often too.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2007, 1:35 pm

I have a pair of jeans that can almost walk around by themselves. :lol:

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

22 Jul 2007, 1:40 pm

richie wrote:
I have a pair of jeans that can almost walk around by themselves. :lol:

"I've got the same jeans on, for four days now.." Except in my case it's four weeks. :lol:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:46 pm

It is part of ASD [if it's about a need for having same/no change],am have very few items of clothing-soft combats and short sleeved shirt or t shirt,do not like taking them off,cannot change to pyjamas at night,so wear day clothes until they go in wash.
staff have to do a lot of persuading to get am to get them off and washed,have another pair of combats [same ones different colour] and same shirt but different colour though.
Have one pair of trainers black [red straps] adidas stan smith velcro trainers,best fitting trainers have ever got,but am bare footed when in house or outside locally.

Would not call it an odd habit,if it makes a person feel better.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:49 pm

Yeah, I tried to explain that it has to do with that, but he gets frustrated, lol. If we go out to eat, I wear the same thing, when sleeping, I wear the same thing (I've actually stayed up just to get them out of the dryer before).

I just got kind of curious about it because he asked me the other day if my clothes are always clean, and I had to go into the detail of it, lol. He was afraid I might be depressed originally, until I told him I wash them all the time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, as I often think most probably find me very odd due to it, or are afraid my clothes are absolutely filthy... which, I'll admit, they probably would be if I didn't have classes or didn't have to leave the house for anything at all.

I'm my own guinea pig.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:50 pm

I don't just wear the same clothing. If I like them enough, it makes me want to get rid of my other clothing. I LOVE having only a couple of different outfits to pick from for summer or winter :D !

The downside?...that comes when I have to buy new clothes. Shopping is torture (unless by some miracle I stumble across something to meet my replacement standards). I laugh at the bag the store Old Navy gives its shoppers, "Shopping is Fun Again!"

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 1:52 pm

lol, I hate shopping for new stuff as well. I have gotten rid of everything besides one or 2 things before, now I stockpile everything, just in case I ever need it for any occasion... half of it I doubt fits me right anymore, and the other half I would never touch because it is just too uncomfortable.

I'm my own guinea pig.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 2:08 pm

My tendency is to wear the same thing over and over again....as many times as I can get away with. I have to stop though....as my mother keeps threatening to burn and/or throw things away because she is so tired of seeing them.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 2:15 pm

I do things like that myself as well!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 2:21 pm

I have alot of clothes, and most of it is from the thrifty store...(this could possibly count as one of my obsessions.... I have a hard time getting rid of anything...but I have to constantly change outfits, until i find one that is comfortable, soft and non restricting enough to wear, and then I will wear it non-stop for a few days.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 2:34 pm

I used to do something like this. I believe clothes are not really important, anyway I am doing now like NTs, and wearing "good fashion clothes", (I tried to be fun) because women like it, and also because we suffer a lot doing things NTs dislike.
I experiment antagonic feelings confessing this "weakness", or concession to NTs. By one side I am not being myself doing it, by the other side, I turn things easier practising such cinic actions.
Well...