Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

liberty
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2007, 2:59 pm

I don't wear the same CLOTHES all the time, but I have lots of stuff that is the same item, except for the color or emblem. I wear jeans and tees every day unless I HAVE to dress up for some reason. I _HATE_ dressing up!! If I find a shirt or pair of jeans/socks, etc. that are comfortable, I get several. :?

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2007, 4:51 pm

I have a few basic pairs of khakis for work, and a couple of similar yet different colored dress shirts for work. I hate ties, but I'm required, and I've narrowed it down to two or three that match the shirts. On my time, I wear the same thing: shorts and t-shirt. Because I do hate dirty laundry, I usually multiples of the same shirts, just in different colors so people don't think I'm dirty. If I had my way, it'd be shorts and t shirts all the time (like when I worked at Borders or Tower Records, the good old days.)

But sometimes I get frustrated because I see a shirt or something that I like on other people, and will risk buying it, only it will bug me to death, either the feel, the heaviness, or some kind of pattern that will distract me all day. ( I tend to go with solid colors nowadays, though I do like a sporty shirt with stripes on the sleeves.) But it always comes down to a simple t shirt and shorts, or in the winter, a favorite sweater, not too thick, not too heavy, but just the right softness and warmth level without sufffocating.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:22 pm

oh, the fabrics have to be cotton. wonderful breathable cotton, or cotton rayon blend, or linen rayon cotton blend. . .they have to wash wonderfully in baby soap and hot water and some bleach every now and then to get out the body sweat and grime. fresh and clean, from the skin out and a shower with non soap (like Zest) every day. good non pore clogging deodorant, unscented. Clean mouth/breath, too. I meet high NT standards, I refuse to be shunned by people for bad hygiene, it is just embarrassing!

Let them shun me for not being one of them, not for bad hygene.

Merle

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 9:40 pm

I wear the same stuff everywhere; I’ve got drawers full of the same shirts and shorts.

Iamscientist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2007, 11:21 am

I vary my wardrobe, but I do it mechanically.

I wear the same brown leather Dr. Martin's sandals everyday. Unless I have to step in a river, then I'll wear my rubber/nylon Tevas. But when you walk around campus in sandals when there is snow on the ground, people start to look at you funny.

When people start noticing, I switch to a cheap comfortable pair of sneakers. I used to wear Chuck Taylor Converse, but they're so popluar now, I can't wear 'em or everyone will think I'm trying to be cool.

Truth is, I'm not a scientist. I'm an analytic philosopher, but we like to think we're scientists.

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2007, 11:22 am

I have a couple pairs of pants in the exact same style but different colors; and endless supply of white tee shirts; and 6 or 7 long sleeve button down shirts for over the t's (worn open, sleeves rolled up.) That's my daily work wear. All the colors are compatible so I don't even have to think about getting dressed.

At home: shorts or sweats and tee shirts, mostly all in navy blue if I can manage it.

I usually wear one pair of shoes (Crocs or Birkies) untill I'm sick of them then start on another....

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2007, 11:24 am

Iamscientist wrote:
But when you walk around campus in sandals when there is snow on the ground, people start to look at you funny.

I used to worry about this, too, as I wear sandal style shoes all year long, even in snow. But the comfort of my feet took precedence over others' opinions! :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Jul 2007, 12:05 pm

i usually have a few pairs of clothes i wear for days at a time. i also like shirts with collars and that are bright colors

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 6:28 am

I usually wear the same few items of clothes as well. I have some shirts that are over ten years old that I still wear regularly! And I've spent entire days at huge malls without buying single thing... even if I desperately need new clothes and go to dozens of stores... if it's not the right colour, texture, style, size, etc., I won't buy it!

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2007, 6:47 am

I wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear out. Then I get another pair (exactly the same) out of my store cupboard (because I have stocked up on six pairs of the same shoes) and do the same again.

As for clothes - much as I want to, I wouldn't dare wear the same outfit two days in a row to work. My NT work colleagues would find that very weird 8O :lol: . What I do instead, is buy tops of a similar style, and bottoms of a similar style - then keep a mental tab of which ones I have worn already that week so that I can 'mix and match' and wear something different each day. It's actually quite stressful :( . I would much prefer to wear the same clothes every day until they wear out.

So, does anyone know for sure why NTs, at least in 'Western societies', believe that a different outfit each day is essential? Maybe it's to infer that they have washed themselves (and therefore changed clothes) or to infer that they 'got lucky' and removed all their clothes........

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 6:55 am

zee wrote:
I usually wear the same few items of clothes as well. I have some shirts that are over ten years old that I still wear regularly! And I've spent entire days at huge malls without buying single thing... even if I desperately need new clothes and go to dozens of stores... if it's not the right colour, texture, style, size, etc., I won't buy it!
Yes, I'm like that and even frequently dream of being in stores and endlessly looking at clothes without ever buying any.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 7:37 am

Pandora wrote:
zee wrote:
Yes, I'm like that and even frequently dream of being in stores and endlessly looking at clothes without ever buying any.

I always dream I'm in stores too! A lot of times I'm buying food--just throwing it all in a cart and I'm never finished; I never get to go home and eat it.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 7:47 am

It's weird with these dreams; although they are often dreams of frustration, I am never aspie in my dreams.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 7:52 am

Pandora wrote:
It's weird with these dreams; although they are often dreams of frustration, I am never aspie in my dreams.

But are there other people in your dreams? In mine I'm often alone, or with people in the background only, or else people nearby that shift identities.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 7:56 am

Frequently, there are other people but they tend to either be in the background or somehow always out of reach. For instance, last night I dreamt about being invited to a friend's place by his mum. It was very frustrating because he kept on disappearing. In real life, I would have liked to be better friends but I think he is leaving town soon. I also would have liked to be better friends with his brother but he moved away.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

zee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 8:00 am

Pandora wrote:
Frequently, there are other people but they tend to either be in the background or somehow always out of reach. For instance, last night I dreamt about being invited to a friend's place by his mum. It was very frustrating because he kept on disappearing. In real life, I would have liked to be better friends but I think he is leaving town soon. I also would have liked to be better friends with his brother but he moved away.

Maybe it's an omen, and you should contact him before he leaves town?