Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

In case you don't know, Clinomania is an urge or desire to spend a lot of time in bed.

I did a search on this on WP but was surprised to see no results, so this can't have been mentioned here. I was very surprised because literally every other mental/physical issue has been mentioned here and is somehow connected to autism.

But I think Clinomania may be to do with anxiety disorder, which I do have. And I've been researching Clinomania and I think I may have it. It is not laziness. I just feel most safe in bed, and while being in bed I do activities like reading, writing and watching a film. Also I love falling asleep listening to an audiobook.
I find it difficult to sit still, and the only time I can be still and more focused is if I'm laying in a bed. Luckily I have a job where I work later in the day, because I find it extremely hard to wake up and get up in the morning, no matter what time I go to bed.

It does take over my life though, because whenever I'm busy during the day, I'm always making sure I've got at least 2 hours spare to be able to squeeze in a nap. Even if I'm doing stuff to distract my mind from having a nap, like going for a walk, I still become weak and drowsy and anxious.

Anyway does anyone else have Clinomania?