Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 6:36 am

Do Aspergers Have Good Memories?

First i am not an asperger.

Having a good memory is different from having a high memory, i mean to say that a high memory doesn't have to be that good at all. There are regularly things that i remember, things that i would rather not have in my memory.

Pretty much everything in me is dysharmonic, and so is my level of memory. When i'm alone i have (i suspect) a pretty good memory. Tomorrow i will take the train to Arnhem and then my memory may drop below zero when the train compartment is noisy and full of aggressive people. My memory how to write words is very bad with me. If i were to write this post without automatic correction, there would be a lot of errors in it.

When i'm walking in nature, or when i'm in the shower, my memory is usually reasonable too. I have been adjusted that chewing gum is also good for your memory, there is some logic in it. Chewing seems to stimulate parts of your brain that are important for accurate memory

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 2:39 pm

Shoud elephants also be aspergers :mrgreen:
Below a famous commercial from the netherlands.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:39 am

I have good memories. Though I didn't know for sure until a couple years ago, when I went back to school and beat all the 18 - 19 year olds in classes. :D In my family everyone has good memory so I thought it was just normal to tell someone something once and expect them to remember it. My grandpa was almost definitely an aspie. He used to read some article once and could recite it to others. He thought my dad was dumb, even though he was #1 in school.

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2021, 4:50 am

When I was in high school, a fellow student and I had the same piano teacher and her mother took us once a week. One day my friend asked me to not learn my piano assignments so fast because it made her look bad. I was floored. I didn't know how to do that.

I've always been able to memorize piano pieces very quickly. I think it is because it is so difficult for me to read the music and play it up to speed that I must need to get rid of the sheet music as soon as possible because it just slows me (and the song) down.

Now I don't even use sheet music. I just play everything by ear from the very start. I still have to memorize it to play it up to speed but I've always had to do that.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 7:50 am

I am slow, very slow.
The memory-test in de video needs a speed brain.
A combination of what you see & and what you hear.
After e big cup of coffee in the morning my speed-memory is better.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:26 pm

I remember a lot of things that happened to me during my life. My memory can be a little too good sometimes and I end up having flashbacks.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:38 pm

I have decent fact recall ability. Better than most i encounter. I have selective memory (blurry obscure incomplete) i wish i had a photographic memory... [Fact recall:]... (like Marylou Henner, ya know she one of those rare people who can remember every day of her life). I experience more of an emotional memory than anything else. certain places, scenarios, situations, evoke different feelings. I am better at remembering external facts, than personal things.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:31 pm

Quote:
Re: Do Aspergers have good memories?

I have cptsd so most of my memories from childhood are quite bad.