Famous People One Thinks Could Be On The Spectrum.

Page 8 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:27 pm

simonthesly74 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Not considerable difficulty except recently after the last few burnouts or breakdowns. In the past I was always an outsider if I was supposed to be part of a group and though for the first few months I was ok as I could mask my way through, after a while the bullying would start and I would be excluded. It was like I was part of a group but i was excluded from being part of the group. I was like a "Tag-along"?
I could never work out why though. I was always putting in major effort to "Fit in" but the only way I could do it sas by pretending to be thick which is what I saw that Cyndi Lauper does when she is being interviewed.

Yeah, you indeed sound pretty autistic to me. Again though, not being yourself in social situations isn’t necessarily an autistic trait. Say, for instance, that you aren’t naturally very social, don’t like people but since you’re famous, you have to act friendly in interviews to maintain your positive image. That could be an example of “masking”, but it’s not the same thing as doing your best to act “normal” out of fear for how people will react to your “weird” self.

I am not famous and neither do I want to be as I am more one who tries to hide, but I do sympatize a lot with famous people who need to hide because they find that too much attention is a bit too much for them.

A well known (In the UK) commedian called Peter Kay is one who might be on the spectrum. He had to cancel his shows later as he found it took too much out of him. He is a very tallented man in the way he uses his mind in commedy. From what I understand, he is a very private man when he was not in the public gaze.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm

A lot of famous people find fame too much to handle. That's why a lot turn to drugs (part of it is having too much money but another part of it is being overwhelmed by the pressure). I know Aspies like to think that all NTs are all social extroverts that never get drained or tired from anything but trust me, they can.

I think some people in this thread just can't think beyond autism.

Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
A lot of famous people find fame too much to handle. That's why a lot turn to drugs (part of it is having too much money but another part of it is being overwhelmed by the pressure). I know Aspies like to think that all NTs are all social extroverts that never get drained or tired from anything but trust me, they can.

I think some people in this thread just can't think beyond autism.

Yeah… it’s just a personality trait that is independent of one’s neurotype.

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2021, 4:43 am

Steve Ditko had all the signs of Asperger's!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 7:09 pm

Trump believes that vaccines always cause autism, but like many, I do not want
to share being on the spectrum with "Pumpkin" because he comes off more as a sociopath.

However like many, I would laugh if someone diagnosed "Pumpkin" with ASD
and seeing him obsessing over the facts of it.

AliceCooper

22 Oct 2021, 12:01 am

Joss Whedon and RDJ!