Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:37 am

SandWitch wrote:
Mouka wrote:
You see often in people who call themselves non-binary, when asked why they don't just call themselves male or female, it's because they "don't feel they fit into either role" It has nothing to do with biological parts, no body dysmorphia or anything like that, just the subconscious idea that pink=girl and blue=boy that deciding to enjoy things regardless of gender really screws with that idea and leads them to create these new labels in an effort to both understand themselves while still holding onto those ingrained ideas.

I guess I'm not in the "so often" crowd of what it means to be nonbinary.

Yes, there are many trans and nonbinary people who don't believe one needs gender dysphoria to be trans or nonbinary for that matter.. I'll refrain from my objective opinions on that; as I'm trans-nonbinary.

I suffer immensively with body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria, am currently and actively pursuing social and medical transitional treatments to reduce the urges of ending my life. I flucuate on a gender spectrum of "in between" or a little bit of both genders..

naturalplastic wrote:
smudge wrote:
I like pizza. That's a gender.

Oklahomans as well as Texans.

Smudge... Pizza is not a gender nor are Texans or Oklahomans because I wouldn't consider ingesting one's gender (as much as I love pizza) or be able to fit the size of all Oklahomans and Texans into my stomach for my cannibalistic colarie intake needs.. (a little sarcasm for the pompously self-righteous ignorance shown on this thread)

Back to the topic at hand..

Personally, I believe neogendered pronouns and identities are a little absurd to me and go more into the realm of mental illness / attention seeking behaviors / narcissistic charactistics and aligns with huge egos or extreme confusion. (Not being hateful, just my opinion; if I'm wrong on this topic; stone me, accordingly.)

Being trans-nonbinary, it's disheartening knowing that some don't take nonbinary people that do indeed transition into consideration, yet here I am doing just that, as we do exist... so it's unfortunate that people like me are under represented in the discourse of nonbinary/trans identity discussion.

Back to answering OP's question; I find that anything outside of she/he/they prounouns (unless influenced by cultures outside of modern western civilization gender norms prior to colonization and following the erasure of multiple genders in cultures of indigenous people's around the world; e.g. "two spirit" etc..) is a little extreme and going into a different areas not related to trans/nonbinary issues (trans-racial/species etc.., for instance.. somethings I feel are very damaging to actual trans and/or nonbinary people..)

Our lives as trans folk are already hard enough as it is.. some clowns needs taming, some troll-clout chasing opportunist's (oli london for example :roll: ) need humbling and some mentally-ill people simply need treatment.

Auitigender being another neopronoun/gender identity outside of the mostly accepted 3 gendered normed ideals; it's a difficult discussion to be had, as I won't argue with another on the spectrum on how they identify, because being autistic can be challenging enough as it is and if it makes them happy then good on them.

With that said, unlike some on this forum thread, I don't need to understand something to know that being a decisive as*hole about it/towards someone who uses neoprouns is an ethically depleted nuance.

Just be nice to people and let people live their lives (By the way, to be clear; no one is "indoctrinating" anyone else by simply existing and being comfortable and confident enough to be publicly open about their lived experiences), no matter their gender identity/race/sexuality/religion or political affiliations etc.. unless they're unbearable, confrontational, obviously attention seeking c*nt bags who don't know how to coexist with those that disagree or live outside their own bubbles of blissful ignorance.. then give em a proper knot to the face for making us all look bad as humans in general.

You so funny. What is a "c*ntbag" anyway?

I just have a dislike of the crowd who throw the terms "TERF" and "Dead-naming" around. The way those few do it shut down arguments by calling people a few made up "anti" terms to anyone who dares disagree with them. Or perhaps it isn't so few. I am non-binary, I dislike even calling myself that because I'm so pissed off by those who insist the world revolves around them.

Want to relate autism to that multi-gender movement? Fine. Then I'm not autistic and want nothing to do with that label. I'll undiagnose myself.

"Give 'em a proper knot to the face"? You're advocating that somebody punch me? That explains your agenda right there. You don't like it when anybody disagrees with you and you advocate violence. See why I want nothing to do with the gender movement? It's extremist.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:47 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
An explanation of "autigender" since apparently no one Google's anything anymore.

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Autigender
Quote:
Autigender, also known as autisgender or autismgender, is a neurogender which can only be understood in the context of being autistic or when one's autism greatly affects one's gender or how one experiences gender.[1] Autigender is not autism as a gender, but rather describes an experience of gender that is so heavily influenced by having autism that one's autism and one's experience of gender cannot be unlinked.

Yeah, I relate to that. If I wasn't autistic I probably wouldn't have the same outlook I have now.

My family still think I'm a lesbian, but I'm not attracted to women. I don't think they would understand this though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:55 am

Quote:
Autigender, also known as autisgender or autismgender, is a neurogender which can only be understood in the context of being autistic or when one's autism greatly affects one's gender or how one experiences gender.[1] Autigender is not autism as a gender, but rather describes an experience of gender that is so heavily influenced by having autism that one's autism and one's experience of gender cannot be unlinked.
So ... if schizophrenia greatly affects someone's gender or how someone experiences gender, then should it be called "Schizogender"?

What about psychopathy and gender ... "Psychogender"?

Drugs ... "Pharmagender"?

Alcohol ... "Alcogender"?

And what would it be called when manic-depression or bipolar disorder greatly affects someone's gender or how someone experiences gender?

What other labels can we create by appending "-gender" as a suffix to the name of a developmental, emotional, mental, or perceptive disorder?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

Then there are those who are not defined by their autism. I am a human, first; then I am autistic.

I think of myself as a male, heterosexual "cis" person who happens to have autism. I don't believe my autism has affected my gender identity. I'm not into every "male" interest; I even have some purportedly "female" interests.

Having "female" interests doesn't make me a woman--just like not having exclusively "male" interests doesn't make me not a man.

Who knows? Maybe if I grew up in a different era, I might have a different impression of my gender. But, as of now, I am male, cis, heterosexual...and I'm content with that.

If somebody wants to be whatever they want to be, who am I to stop them?

Certainly, though, being a man, woman, or whatever is much more than mere "gender roles."

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Certainly, though, being a man, woman, or whatever is much more than mere "gender roles."

It is a lot more than "gender roles" and I don't get the assumption that anyone who is trans is just basing it off of gender roles. I certainly didn't give a crap about gender roles at 3 y.o., but I still struggled with my gender then. It's a bit more ingrained than just disliking or liking some roles.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

Probably just right wing troll stuff. I don't believe in this gender nonsense other than she and he and they. There are only 3 genders.

Right wing trolls will make stuff up online to attack the LGBT community. Same as how "women" post about how getting a comment from a man "Hey nice shirt, where did you get it" being sexual harassment is done by an incel troll to attack women.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:34 am

feel like i want to make an opinionon this : But i also think that everyone has pretty much covered everything that might be said on this topic and Autistic persons .? :?

where ever you go ,there you are

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:39 pm

Autism is not a gender. Why do we need so many genders? I like eating pizza, maybe I should be pizzagender! But I also like pasta, am I pastagender? I'm left-handed too. Maybe I'm lefthandedgender!~ :-D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:43 pm

My gender is videogamegender since I like video games.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:56 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Autism is not a gender. Why do we need so many genders? I like eating pizza, maybe I should be pizzagender! But I also like pasta, am I pastagender? I'm left-handed too. Maybe I'm lefthandedgender!~ :-D

Exactly! I like pepperoni and Hawaiian pizza with extra cheese so #pepperoniandHawaiianpizzawithextracheesegender . It's just a part of me I've come to accept after all these years.

I like the word, "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" ...so it requires solid reasoning that everybody should call me supercalifragilisticexpialidociousgender.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 20 Aug 2021, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.: amended per poster's request

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:56 pm

all i know is that all my life i've been repelled by traditionally masculine things.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:01 pm

I Identify as a gynotropic cis-male, and my pronouns are "He", "Him", and "His Majesty".

All this <insert adjective or noun here> -genderism gets too complicated, too fast.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:02 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

No, that just makes you sinister. You have to do it the RIGHT way after all. :jester: :)

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2021, 4:06 pm

I'm all for abolishing all stupid genders, especially man/woman since these two look the most absurd and toxic... :3

Last edited by StrayCat81 on 10 Aug 2021, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
I'm all for abolishing all stupid genders, especially man/woman ...
"Man" and "Woman" can be used to describe an adult's physical sex, their gender identity, or their gender presentation.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Is autigender basically a simpler way of answering the gender box with i have autism therefore it's complicated.

Yeah, kind of. lol

Then I'm really not sure why the concept is so triggering to some.

If it doesn't resonate/has no purpose in one's life they don't need to observe it. I don't imagine anyone would elevate that term over ones that are easier to understand just to belittle them, outside of maybe immature college students for a few months of their life.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う