Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 6:47 pm

An explanation of "autigender" since apparently no one Google's anything anymore.

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Autigender

Quote:
Autigender, also known as autisgender or autismgender, is a neurogender which can only be understood in the context of being autistic or when one's autism greatly affects one's gender or how one experiences gender.[1] Autigender is not autism as a gender, but rather describes an experience of gender that is so heavily influenced by having autism that one's autism and one's experience of gender cannot be unlinked.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 6:48 pm

smudge wrote:
I like pizza. That's a gender.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 6:50 pm

smudge wrote:

Oklahomans as well as Texans.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
An explanation of "autigender" since apparently no one Google's anything anymore.

Quote:
Autigender, also known as autisgender or autismgender, is a neurogender which can only be understood in the context of being autistic or when one's autism greatly affects one's gender or how one experiences gender.[1] Autigender is not autism as a gender, but rather describes an experience of gender that is so heavily influenced by having autism that one's autism and one's experience of gender cannot be unlinked.

Okay...so its not "autism as a third gender". It's something else.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Quote:

Yeah. It's essentially just a secondary, explanatory label (or that's how I've seen it used). I don't get the assertation in this thread that it's "autism as a gender" or that people are replacing the whole concept of "nonbinary" with it. Most people I've seen use this still just call themselves nonbinary 99% of the time.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm

If you're a pacifist in wartime and everyone else in society is revved up for war, you may feel very out of place. If only males are expected, and even required, to go to the frontline, then a male pacifist will have a different experience than a female pacifist.

However, while experiences will be different, pacifism itself is not an attribute of gender. In this example, even most of the women in society (who don't have to fight) are gung-ho for war. So, being a pacifist or not seems separate from gender.

That's why I can't fully comprehend this autigender thing.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 9:19 pm

Something Profound wrote:
Since this topic is veering more towards politics, I am only going to note that the term "Colour Blind" suggests you see that a crime is committed against a person (No differentiation on race), and because of your lack of differentiation you overlook the statistical info that these crimes occur more against people of colour.

For (I hope) my last comment on broad politics here, it makes no difference to me whether somebody commits assault because of the victim's membership of a group or whether they do it because they just felt like hurting somebody. In both cases I'd avocate the same punishment. I had difficulty seeing what was wrong (apart from a gut feeling there was something fishy about it) with the response to the Black Lives Matter slogan when somebody said "all lives matter" until I read a clear explanation by a BLM guy - "we know damn well that all lives matter, we're saying black lives matter because some of you jerks clearly think they don't." If people explained things that clearly all the time, I'd probably get into less trouble with the PC people. I'll shut up now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:43 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Quote:

Yeah. It's essentially just a secondary, explanatory label (or that's how I've seen it used). I don't get the assertation in this thread that it's "autism as a gender" or that people are replacing the whole concept of "nonbinary" with it. Most people I've seen use this still just call themselves nonbinary 99% of the time.

Well..they all think that because thats what it sounds like you're talking about.

And since it isnt what you're talking about its frankly hard to figure out what you are talking about. Autistics experience being human differently than NTs experience being human. But you dont talk about "autispecies".

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Quote:

Well..they all think that because thats what it sounds like you're talking about.

And since it isnt what you're talking about its frankly hard to figure out what you are talking about. Autistics experience being human differently than NTs experience being human. But you dont talk about "autispecies".

I don't really expect anyone to understand it and I wasn't the one who made the thread, I just found it weird how no one actually looked up the term and just came up with assumptions about it. I didn't get it and thought the same stuff that other people in the thread did, until I looked it up awhile ago.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:25 pm

Is autigender basically a simpler way of answering the gender box with i have autism therefore it's complicated.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2021, 3:15 am

Mouka wrote:
You see often in people who call themselves non-binary, when asked why they don't just call themselves male or female, it's because they "don't feel they fit into either role" It has nothing to do with biological parts, no body dysmorphia or anything like that, just the subconscious idea that pink=girl and blue=boy that deciding to enjoy things regardless of gender really screws with that idea and leads them to create these new labels in an effort to both understand themselves while still holding onto those ingrained ideas.

I guess I'm not in the "so often" crowd of what it means to be nonbinary.

Yes, there are many trans and nonbinary people who don't believe one needs gender dysphoria to be trans or nonbinary for that matter.. I'll refrain from my objective opinions on that; as I'm trans-nonbinary.

I suffer immensively with body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria, am currently and actively pursuing social and medical transitional treatments to reduce the urges of ending my life. I flucuate on a gender spectrum of "in between" or a little bit of both genders..

naturalplastic wrote:
smudge wrote:

Oklahomans as well as Texans.

Smudge... Pizza is not a gender nor are Texans or Oklahomans because I wouldn't consider ingesting one's gender (as much as I love pizza) or be able to fit the size of all Oklahomans and Texans into my stomach for my cannibalistic colarie intake needs.. (a little sarcasm for the pompously self-righteous ignorance shown on this thread)

Back to the topic at hand..

Personally, I believe neogendered pronouns and identities are a little absurd to me and go more into the realm of mental illness / attention seeking behaviors / narcissistic charactistics and aligns with huge egos or extreme confusion. (Not being hateful, just my opinion; if I'm wrong on this topic; stone me, accordingly.)

Being trans-nonbinary, it's disheartening knowing that some don't take nonbinary people that do indeed transition into consideration, yet here I am doing just that, as we do exist... so it's unfortunate that people like me are under represented in the discourse of nonbinary/trans identity discussion.

Back to answering OP's question; I find that anything outside of she/he/they prounouns (unless influenced by cultures outside of modern western civilization gender norms prior to colonization and following the erasure of multiple genders in cultures of indigenous people's around the world; e.g. "two spirit" etc..) is a little extreme and going into a different areas not related to trans/nonbinary issues (trans-racial/species etc.., for instance.. somethings I feel are very damaging to actual trans and/or nonbinary people..)

Our lives as trans folk are already hard enough as it is.. some clowns needs taming, some troll-clout chasing opportunist's (oli london for example :roll: ) need humbling and some mentally-ill people simply need treatment.

Auitigender being another neopronoun/gender identity outside of the mostly accepted 3 gendered normed ideals; it's a difficult discussion to be had, as I won't argue with another on the spectrum on how they identify, because being autistic can be challenging enough as it is and if it makes them happy then good on them.

With that said, unlike some on this forum thread, I don't need to understand something to know that being a decisive as*hole about it/towards someone who uses neoprouns is an ethically depleted nuance.

Just be nice to people and let people live their lives (By the way, to be clear; no one is "indoctrinating" anyone else by simply existing and being comfortable and confident enough to be publicly open about their lived experiences), no matter their gender identity/race/sexuality/religion or political affiliations etc.. unless they're unbearable, confrontational, obviously attention seeking c*nt bags who don't know how to coexist with those that disagree or live outside their own bubbles of blissful ignorance.. then give em a proper knot to the face for making us all look bad as humans in general.

Last edited by Cornflake on 10 Aug 2021, 6:04 am, edited 7 times in total.: Removed a personal attack

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:35 am

Well I guess I feel a bit differently about this than most...
Because I consider myself non-binary and autigender.

That is, my gender identity is non-binary
But the reason for my non-binary gender identity seems to me strongly tied in with my autism, in the sense that my autistic way of thinking has led me in that direction. Hence I consider myself autigender.

Many of the comments early in this thread seem to be based on a misconception that autigender is "another type of gender" which is not the case, it refers to the influence of autism on ones gender identity, whichever gender that happens to be.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:14 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Is autigender basically a simpler way of answering the gender box with i have autism therefore it's complicated.

Yeah, kind of. lol

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:46 am

Autism is not a gender.  Neither are dyslexia, nor dysmorphia, nor any other developmental or perceptive disorder.

This is fact, not opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:56 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
From my understanding "autigender" is just a label autistic nonbinary people sometimes use, that recognizes that the specific persons perception of their gender is greatly influenced by their autism. It's not "autism as a gender" and doesn't mean all autistic people are fundamentally different from M/F NT people. I don't use that label, but I "get it" since I don't think I'd have a lot of the issues I have with gender if I didn't have autism.

If other people want to use that label, and it helps them explain and make sense of things, I literally couldn't care less. More power to them.

I totally get that.

I really don't think like NT women. I'm definitely different. I've talked to couple of NT women about gender identity and they were adamant that they definitely felt female whereas I don't feel like my gender defines me. I think I would be living the same life if I was male.

I would have the same interests and like the same music too.

I prefer to define myself via the Meyers Brigs personality types rather than add more confusion into the mix.

I'm INTJ, which explains a lot.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:58 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Well I guess I feel a bit differently about this than most...
Because I consider myself non-binary and autigender.

That is, my gender identity is non-binary
But the reason for my non-binary gender identity seems to me strongly tied in with my autism, in the sense that my autistic way of thinking has led me in that direction. Hence I consider myself autigender.

Many of the comments early in this thread seem to be based on a misconception that autigender is "another type of gender" which is not the case, it refers to the influence of autism on ones gender identity, whichever gender that happens to be.

It's nice to see someone who actually understands and uses the label join the conversation. So far it's mostly been a circle jerk of misconceptions about trans and NB people as a whole.

I also said before that I don't use the label "autigender", but I do think that autism has affected my perception of my gender, and that I probably wouldn't have ended up considering being NB if I wasn't autistic. I don't get how it's odd to think that something that affects someone's social development and understanding of social norms could affect something so based in those things, such as gender identity.