Ever think the doctors want us all in concentration camps…

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2021, 5:23 am

I mean in concentration hospitals?

And we are all under the thumb?

Like there is no one without issues and the doctor is claiming they are…MENTAL HEALTH issues?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 10:27 am

When you refer to “Mental Health Issues”, are you including the type of paranoia that causes its victims to falsely perceive overwhelming evil in every institution offering medical care during the pandemic?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2021, 11:32 am

Fnord wrote:
When you refer to “Mental Health Issues”, are you including the type of paranoia that causes its victims to falsely perceive overwhelming evil in every institution offering medical care during the pandemic?

Yes, even I though it may be justified.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 1:39 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "us" - Aspies, or everybody? And doctors - shrinks, or general practitioners?

I've not noticed any doctors taking any such interest in my mental health. All that happened when I was diagnosed privately for ASD was that the diagnostician gave me a list of places such as the NAS that might be able to help me if I wanted them to. I contacted the NAS, asking what kinds of help they could offer me, but they never replied. I handed my diagnosis to my regular GP who said all they had to offer were antidepressants and tranquillisers on request if I got too depressed or anxious. I gather somebody sent my GP a list of adjustments they could make for me for future visits to the GP, but I don't think I've been back since, being in fairly good health, so I don't know if they'd make any changes or not. My guess is that they will ignore that list. My diagnostician was a clinical psychologist who didn't think there were signs of any other mental health issues in me, and I've only met one actual psychiatrist. I wasn't the patient. He seemed a bit odd, but he didn't try to incarcerate the patient, who has ASD and some other anxiety disorder.

So, in my limited experience, doctors don't want me in a concentration camp, and would likely prefer to ignore me completely. I've never been a danger to myself or others, and they don't think I am - it might be different if they did.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:36 pm

Yes because we can never concentrate.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:46 pm

No, that's where they want to send everyone with ADHD. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:54 pm

I thought it was supposed to be FEMA trailers in the Wyoming mountains ... ?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm

I think many doctors are arrogant, assume they're "more correct" than the patient. True, there may be hypochondriacs who think they have X disease, when it's something harmless, but there are doctors who dismiss serious concerns.

Once, I had what's known as a migraine with aura (or ocular migraine). No headache, but 20 minutes of weird, spinning lights. I looked it up, discovered what it was called, and told my doctor. He said, "We can't say it was a migraine, I get migraines, they're rough...were you using any illicit substances...were you sleep deprived?" The questions were fair, but the guy either didn't know what an ocular migraine was or didn't think a patient could know more than him.

...subsequent doctors, including an E-N-T and an optometrist, both said right away, "Yep, classic ocular migraine" when I described it to them. So, it wasn't I who was crazy, but some doctors think it's impossible for you to know something medically that they don't.

ALSO: I think I mentioned this. Recently, I floated the idea of Asperger's/Autism to my regular doctor. He said it's impossible for me to have it because I can make sentences, make eye contact, hold a job, etc. I told him that even if I don't have it, his general claims about Autism are patently false (this website if filled with diagnosed Aspies who did all those things and didn't get diagnosed until later in life). I'd rather the doctor simply admit he didn't know instead of acting like an expert on something that I knew more about.