Silly things you did when you were younger

Page 4 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2015, 10:43 am

I took a few pieces of scrap wood and glued them together. On one side of a board I had two blocks. On the other I had three. They spaced where the blank spot on one side corresponded to a black on the other. The side with the two blocks was the feet. The side with the three was the top. I think I drew a face on the front block. For some reason I called my creation Miiiulk.

I also made a wooden creature I called Toy Monster. I was helping a friend when his father was cutting down a tree. I took a piece of the tree trunk home. My Dad helped me to nail on legs and arms and put some nails in to make a face. I stuck a little yarn on the top to make hair. I actually slept with this and lived. I actually still have Toy Monster.

I got a hold of a combination lock and tied a rope to it. I'd swing my hand and throw it. I called it the flying lock. This annoyed my family. One day flying lock got stuck in a tree. I forgot about it. Then one day, it is strange I don't know how long possibly years later I decided to look under the tree where flying lock had gotten stuck. I found it on the ground. The face was missing. Once again I had fun playing with it. It might have been years later because my sister called it my "Two year old toy." Though I had been older than two when I first played with it. Or she might have meant I was too old to be playing with it.

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2015, 12:24 pm

When I was about 3 or 4 years old I'd run in circles for a long time (I cannot measure)around our house which still was in ongoing repair of its walls, I'd scream and do it again and again. I was extremely ecstatic those times and it's as if I cannot feel my feet.

Then when I was in 3rd grade while we were having dinner, my dad introduced to me a local food in Philippines that I haven't tasted yet, it was a dish of small fishes. When he told me to eat wholly what I have, I thought he was referring to the spoonful I have so I ate it wholly what I have scooping it into a spoonful. Then they got a bit amused when he really meant me to eat wholly the body of a tiny fish because I'd used to separate its meat from its about an inch minute bones, head and tail I was having a very hard time with.

When I was about 6 years old, I was watching TV in our living room, then I suddenly thought of how would the chicken from an advertisement taste like if I'd lick it, so blithely I approached the TV's screen and licked it. But to my surprise, someone giggled behind me! Only to find out there was a visitor sitting there the whole while and I was just oblivious. What a shame. I got so mortified.

At 6 and 7, I'd talk to my hands and believe that they have separate minds, I named them left and right and talked to them even at school.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 11:36 pm

when i was 2 my sister convinced me i was a cat because i had a cat suit. i wore that suit daily until i could no longer fit it and ate cat food. I used to like to take all my clothes out of my closet and pile them in my doorway, and that wasn't every so often that was literally every night.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

GoodSenseAmelia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2015, 11:46 pm

When I was 3 I saw a box of toys labeled, "motor skills" and thought that must have something to do with fixing a car. I asked the "pre-school" teacher what it meant and she stared at me, obviously surprised that I could read. (And this is how I know my parents are in denial and I was not overlooked.)

The first time someone suggested that I brainstorm ideas, I freaked quite out, being afraid to try such a thing.

I wasn't allowed to be aspie when I was a kid. I was allowed to keep my bear because, well, if it had been taken away, then it would have been impossible to hide my "condition."

One cute thing I did on xmas was put all the bows on my head :)

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:30 am

I chewed on a Nylabone that my parent's bought me for Christmas. 8O

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:53 pm

When I was a young kid I thought that white milk came from white cows and chocolate milk came from the darker cows.
I also thought girls got pregnant by swimming in public pools where boys had pee'd in.

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2015, 7:16 am

GoodSenseAmelia wrote:
When I was 3 I saw a box of toys labeled, "motor skills" and thought that must have something to do with fixing a car. I asked the "pre-school" teacher what it meant and she stared at me, obviously surprised that I could read. (And this is how I know my parents are in denial and I was not overlooked.)

The first time someone suggested that I brainstorm ideas, I freaked quite out, being afraid to try such a thing.

I wasn't allowed to be aspie when I was a kid. I was allowed to keep my bear because, well, if it had been taken away, then it would have been impossible to hide my "condition."

One cute thing I did on xmas was put all the bows on my head :)

What's your special interest when you were a child?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 8:51 am

I called my younger sister Priscilla for two weeks until my mum told me to stop, because the name was in a song that I liked. I was 10 at the time.

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2015, 8:59 am

When I was about 6, I asked my parents to buy me a car. The reason? I wanted to take the motor out, put it in my bag and attach a propeller to it so I could fly to school. I was furious when they refused. Horrible of them, right? :mrgreen:

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:45 am

aimeeandbeatles wrote:

When I was 8, I threw eggs all over the back porch.

I used to throw eggs on the porch too. I liked the way it sounded when they cracked open.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 11:46 am

When I was 7, my mom was having her book study and I ran in and started yelling, "I'm going to shoot you 'cause I'm the worst!" This was not normal behaviour for me, as I was usually very quiet and shy. I was embarrassed about that for years after.

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 11:59 am

I used to eat sand. I used to eat a lot of sand. I used to eat so much sand that I wasn't allowed to go in to the sandpit with my brother and sister.

I just really liked the way it felt in my mouth.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2016, 4:19 pm

I did a lot of silly / odd things as a kid.

One thing I remember doing was carefully picking apart my mom's homemade peanut butter cookies. I told her I was looking for the peanut butter when I did so, and I'm pretty sure - at least when I started the practice - that I really thought I'd magically find clumps of peanut butter. (I never did.)

I was an avid reader from a young age, and in an old set of encyclopedias we had at home I found a chart depicting the Greek alphabet. Not knowing how languages work, I viewed it as code. I'd practice writing my name as though each letter corresponded sequentially to the English alphabet, which of course was almost totally wrong since many Greek letters don't correspond directly (or in order) to English.

My Official Facebook Page

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:36 pm

I once wore football (American) shoulder pads to school, so I can "look strong."

I also dressed up as a pimp one day during my time in high school.

voidnull
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2016, 5:45 pm

I used to collect car badges. From people's cars.

I kept a 9v battery above my bed and used to dab it on my tongue while reading before falling asleep.

Those are the least worrying things. I REALLY enjoyed fire..

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:23 pm

Are car "badges" license plates?