Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 3:01 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I'd rather be alone. I'm fine being alone and would prefer to pursue my hobbies over having a relationship.

Hero I see you like/enjoy cooking??

What do you enjoy to cook most ..?

Do you follow recipes ?

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:52 pm

alone

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:54 pm

autisticelders wrote:
if i could not be myself how could I be happy?

This. Of course, if having a family etc. meant that they would allow me to be myself, but there simply wasn't time and money for hobbies etc. then that'd be more complicated.

Right now I got no kids nor spouse, but largely thanks to that, I have a decent amount of freetime and can use the money that doesn't go to necessary expenses the ways I want. Suits me right now, but I do want a family eventually, even though it would mean risking all that. So, I guess I could say that my final choice would be having a family?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Sep 2021, 4:03 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Of course, if having a family etc. meant that they would allow me to be myself, but there simply wasn't time and money for hobbies etc. then that'd be more complicated.
Good point.
That's kind of where I am now.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:31 pm

Personally, I don't find any of these options possible. Too much isolation is not good, yet as is discussed often on WP, those sometimes dicey social / living situations (which most often stem from personal choice) are also out of the question.

Again, as I've mentioned often enough here on WP, I strongly feel that friendships, and those we have intimate caring relationships must have an ample understanding of High Functioning Autism (HFA) - yet too much understanding of HFA might not necessarily yield the best results (yes, you was read correctly).

For example, the Autism Spectrum is hereditary (both sides of my family had different degrees of mostly HFA). Classic Autism can occur even with family history of mostly HFA - hence the notion of a family remains out of the question.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:35 pm

I would choose to be alone. I could never be in any kind of relationship and not be free to be myself. I know this from experience.

I actually chose to be alone a long time ago because of this and I found I was content. I have actually found myself in a relationship where I am able to fully be myself so it's worked out OK in the end.