Claustrophobic Times (Hard to describe).

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 4:26 pm

Sometimes one wants to go back in time to how things were at another time. One feels claustrophobic because one can't... Like one is trapped because one can't?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:46 pm

The question to ask yourself, might be … what is it about going forward that makes you feel stressed? Fear of the unfamiliar, the unknown?

Nothing unusual about this. Hope you feel less claustrophobic soon. You have alot going on right now. Maybe, what you’re feeling just needs to be felt and worked through. Life can be like that. We can spend time questioning “Why is it so?” when what we need to do is allow all that emotion to pass. There’s a reason why people feel overwhelmed, claustrophobic, fearful … sometimes, time needs to be allowed for processing and adjusting to the new and different future.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

I get this feeling a lot. Sometimes my life feels like I've crawled into a dead end in a cave system and there's no room to turn around and go back.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:54 pm

Today has been another full on busy day as my cousins eldest boy (An adult who is in his late 20's) was here and my nephew is still here and all the rooms are all over the place still due to the radiators being refiitted and are waiting for the plumber to come back in a couple of days. Yes. There are things going on...

Yes. The future... I try not to think too much about the things I don't want to happen, and the things I do want to happen I cant control as they are future.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
I get this feeling a lot. Sometimes my life feels like I've crawled into a dead end in a cave system and there's no room to turn around and go back.

Yes. That is exactly how it feels. I sometimes get the feeling magnified greatly when I then experience what has to be a meltdown?