Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 5:33 pm

I like agreeance! Well, maybe we should start one. I'll see what I can do.... :D

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 6:20 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
I like agreeance! Well, maybe we should start one. I'll see what I can do.... :D

Thank you for starting the discussion-thread 'What Has Been Your Experience On WP?' (LINK).

I'm interested in watching this discussion thread evolve!

LINK: viewtopic.php?t=400674

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:02 pm

Welcome!

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2021, 2:01 am

:heart: me too it has been really nice to be here.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Lately, I've personally felt that it has become a "challenge of sorts" in reassessing my roles here on WP.

Most notable, my experiences with High Functioning Autism (HFA) have long felt like being "caught in the middle" - that is that dichotomy of "not being able enough, yet not disabled enough" - a sense of being on the odd-ends of everything, and just about everyone - a sentiment also reflected here on WP.

I sense that the WP community also finds it challenging to express those experiences of stemming from being "caught in the middle."

Enclosed is a LINK to my previous posts. I feel that the responses in this discussion thread will be helpful in reassessing my roles here on WP!

LINK: search.php?author_id=130391&sr=posts

ADDENDUM: I often feel it's best to exercise that "neutrality of sorts" in most types of social environments - that is with even thoughtful NTs, other people on the Autism Spectrum, and among people with developmental disabilities.

I've only felt that I could open-up to an awesome therapist experienced with the Autism Spectrum. A therapist's roles are to remain impartial, and objective with clients.

How many here on WP have been told that a therapist cannot be treated like a friend?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:03 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
Lately, I've personally felt that it has become a "challenge of sorts" in reassessing my roles here on WP.

Most notable, my experiences with High Functioning Autism (HFA) have long felt like being "caught in the middle" - that is that dichotomy of "not being able enough, yet not disabled enough" - a sense of being on the odd-ends of everything, and just about everyone - a sentiment also reflected here on WP.

I sense that the WP community also finds it challenging to express those experiences of stemming from being "caught in the middle."

Enclosed is a LINK to my previous posts. I feel that the responses in this discussion thread will be helpful in reassessing my roles here on WP!

ADDENDUM: I often feel it's best to exercise that "neutrality of sorts" in most types of social environments - that is with even thoughtful NTs, other people on the Autism Spectrum, and among people with developmental disabilities.

I've only felt that I could open-up to an awesome therapist experienced with the Autism Spectrum. A therapist's roles are to remain impartial, and objective with clients.

How many here on WP have been told that a therapist cannot be treated like a friend?

if you find a good aspie therapist i would like to know, have been searching 2 seperate states in my area, and cannot even get,a return message or phone call.

where ever you go ,there you are

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:41 pm

Jakki wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

if you find a good aspie therapist i would like to know, have been searching 2 seperate states in my area, and cannot even get,a return message or phone call.

To clarify: Even an awesome therapist experienced with HFA cannot be treated like a friend.

Therapists have to avoid conflict of interest situations- hence that confounding dilemma which limits therapists from recommending specific resources unrelated to counseling (resources which might just have "fit the bill" so to speak). After awhile, clients are advised that the therapist cannot of assistance.

To address the challenges in locating therapists experienced with the Autism Spectrum, contact local Autism agencies for recommendations. If located near a large metro-region, it's possible to locate counseling resources experienced with HFA.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:20 pm

thank you

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 9:52 pm

Hi Jakki,

I was able to find a therapist through psychology.com's website. I have found a few good ones that way and a few bad ones. It is worth a look and try if you aren't having any luck in other ways.

Many are doing remote work too, so hopefully you can find one who at least answers their phone!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:18 am

Ideally, the therapist will be objective, and not let personal bias get in the way.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:52 am

am scared

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:55 am

I've gone to many therapists. There's nothing to be scared of.

I can understand your concern, though.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:56 am

Shellbelle wrote:
Hi Jakki,

I was able to find a therapist through psychology.com's website. I have found a few good ones that way and a few bad ones. It is worth a look and try if you aren't having any luck in other ways.

Many are doing remote work too, so hopefully you can find one who at least answers their phone!

that would be nice that would be nice . Not sure if i aalready went through Psychology.coms site yet.
Thank You .!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 11:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've gone to many therapists. There's nothing to be scared of.

I can understand your concern, though.

50- 50 mix on my experiences with Psyche people. the last one ended traumatically though , but she was not aware of me being a aspie. Had seen her a year and still wasnt able to let my mask down or even tell her.

meatball4u
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2021, 11:36 am

Hooray! Welcome :)

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2021, 4:49 pm

I think of therapy like I think of any relationship - I'd rather be alone than with the wrong person.

That said, I have the right therapist for me. I kissed a lot of frogs before I found her. In fact, I just got diagnosed with ASD level 2 a couple hours ago at 56 years old. I've seen a LOT of crappy mental health professionals.