creating a website on Autism can you help?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm

Double Retired wrote:
FE wrote:
...with information for Autistic people.
1. Info that would help Autistics seeking employment. (Sorry, I'm not sure what that info would be but if such info was available I think some would welcome it.) Also, Maybe info about employers who seek Autistics or are at least Autistic-friendly. (A High-functioning Autistic would probably need different info than someone who is not High-functioning.)

2. On Wrong Planet it is common to "meet" people who have not yet been assessed for Autism and are unsure whether or not they have it. I gather that in the UK it could take a very long time to get a formal assessment to definitively resolve the doubt. Would you be including info for folk who think they might be Autistic? Perhaps info on what other conditions sometimes resemble Autism, and how to tell the difference. And maybe links to informal tests that might provide support for or against the suspicion. (E.g, Autism Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ) & Aspie Quiz.)

hello Double Retired,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, I think your points are great. Would it be ok if I shared your response with my colleagues?

Thanks again

Faaizah

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 3:30 pm

↑ Please check your PMs.  Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2021, 3:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ Please check your PMs.  Thank you.

Thank you, just replied.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 5:02 pm

FE wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
FE wrote:
1. Info that would help Autistics seeking employment. (Sorry, I'm not sure what that info would be but if such info was available I think some would welcome it.) Also, Maybe info about employers who seek Autistics or are at least Autistic-friendly. (A High-functioning Autistic would probably need different info than someone who is not High-functioning.)

2. On Wrong Planet it is common to "meet" people who have not yet been assessed for Autism and are unsure whether or not they have it. I gather that in the UK it could take a very long time to get a formal assessment to definitively resolve the doubt. Would you be including info for folk who think they might be Autistic? Perhaps info on what other conditions sometimes resemble Autism, and how to tell the difference. And maybe links to informal tests that might provide support for or against the suspicion. (E.g, Autism Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ) & Aspie Quiz.)

hello Double Retired,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, I think your points are great. Would it be ok if I shared your response with my colleagues?

Thanks again

Faaizah
Sure. If I wanted to limit distribution I wouldn't have put it on the Internet... :wink: But thanks for asking!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 2:58 pm

↑↑ Please check your PMs.  Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:02 pm

FE wrote:
Hello Mona Pereth,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

I have to say reading these responses has got me thinking of so many different things I could write about, it is certainly clear that there is a great need for this information. So thank you for highlighting these issues, do I have permission to share your response with my colleagues?

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes

Faaizah

Yes, feel free share what I wrote with your colleagues.

I'll have more to say later, hopefully this weekend. Busy now. Hopefully you will continue to check in on this thread over at least the next week or so?

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2021, 8:08 am

Double Retired wrote:
FE wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
FE wrote:

hello Double Retired,

Thanks again

Faaizah
Sure. If I wanted to limit distribution I wouldn't have put it on the Internet... :wink: But thanks for asking!

Thank you for that, as part of my job I have to ask for permission to share your posts. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to contribute and value what has been shared, I dont feel right assuming I can share your thoughts without asking first. So thank you again.

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2021, 8:09 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
FE wrote:
Hello Mona Pereth,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

I have to say reading these responses has got me thinking of so many different things I could write about, it is certainly clear that there is a great need for this information. So thank you for highlighting these issues, do I have permission to share your response with my colleagues?

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes

Faaizah

Yes, feel free share what I wrote with your colleagues.

I'll have more to say later, hopefully this weekend. Busy now. Hopefully you will continue to check in on this thread over at least the next week or so?

That is great thank you, yes I will continue to check in intermittently.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:34 am

FE wrote:
Thank you for that, as part of my job I have to ask for permission to share your posts. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to contribute and value what has been shared, I dont feel right assuming I can share your thoughts without asking first. So thank you again.
That's a good policy. Regarding my comments, I don't mind you sharing them with your colleagues. I'm not too sure I would want your publicly available website to echo my inputs and attribute them to "Double Retired on Wrong Planet"...and I'm sure I wouldn't want them attributed to me with any more precise identification of me. I prefer any public use of them be without attribution--I was talking within the realm of Wrong Planet (which, I know, is publicly available). Thanks!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 10:25 am

Has the website been started yet?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 12:03 pm

FE wrote:
Hello!

I am a Digital content creator for the NHS.

I am currently working on a project to create a new website with information for Autistic people.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their thoughts on the kinds of information they would like to see on the website, this could be;

- issues that Autistic people face
- things that they struggle with
- things that help you
- things you wish someone had told you
- services you use or wish where available

Anything you feel that may be relevant or you want to share.

As someone who falls in to the Neurotypical group (whatever that means!) I am keen to hear your experiences to try as best a possible to understand what it means to be on the Autistic spectrum.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

best wishes

Faaizah

You and I need to speak privately

Wreck It Ralph

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

Double Retired wrote:
FE wrote:
That's a good policy. Regarding my comments, I don't mind you sharing them with your colleagues. I'm not too sure I would want your publicly available website to echo my inputs and attribute them to "Double Retired on Wrong Planet"...and I'm sure I wouldn't want them attributed to me with any more precise identification of me. I prefer any public use of them be without attribution--I was talking within the realm of Wrong Planet (which, I know, is publicly available). Thanks!

Thank you, please be assured i will not be disclosing your username or signposting anyone to the forum. The information I gain here is really to help shape the direction and content of the material produced for the website.

Thanks again

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2021, 9:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Has the website been started yet?

Hello, material has been produced but nothing has been signed off as yet.

I will keep you posted.

F

FE
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2021, 9:34 am

skibum wrote:
FE wrote:
Hello!

I am a Digital content creator for the NHS.

I am currently working on a project to create a new website with information for Autistic people.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their thoughts on the kinds of information they would like to see on the website, this could be;

- issues that Autistic people face
- things that they struggle with
- things that help you
- things you wish someone had told you
- services you use or wish where available

Anything you feel that may be relevant or you want to share.

As someone who falls in to the Neurotypical group (whatever that means!) I am keen to hear your experiences to try as best a possible to understand what it means to be on the Autistic spectrum.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

best wishes

Faaizah

You and I need to speak privately

hello,

please feel free to message me.

BW

F