Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm

I wonder if people with Broad Autism Phenotype actually have ASD, but wasn't diagnosed until much later in life or was never diagnosed at all.

I also wonder what neurodevelopmental disorder would it be, if people had restricted interests and repetitive behaviors, but didn't have communication delays.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:32 am

FranzOren wrote:
I wonder if people with Broad Autism Phenotype actually have ASD, but wasn't diagnosed until much later in life or was never diagnosed at all.

I also wonder what neurodevelopmental disorder would it be, if people had restricted interests and repetitive behaviors, but didn't have communication delays.

If they had BAP they wouldn’t have autism.

BAP just means some behavior characteristics associated with Autism like preference for sameness or socializing issues but below the level where it is considered a disability.

An example man A just gets told some bad news that makes him sad for a few hours, before being ok. He is depressed which is the same symptoms as man B who is just about to commit suicide.

They both have depression, separated by the different intensity levels - man A is normal reaction to bad news, man B is in a dangerously disabled state of depressed mind.

BAP is just considered a normal part of Neurodiversity and nearly all live normal independent lives , where autism is considered a developmental disorder.

When some people say autistic people run the world by being engineers and computer scientists etc.. they are really referring to those with BAP since autism has an approx 90% unemployment rate.

So BAP and autism are two different things separated by the intensity of symptoms.

- George Bernie Shaw

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 8:07 am

It makes sense.

Thank you!