Diplomacy. Tactfullness. Bluntness. Hypocrisy.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 11:48 am

I reckon that I have diplomacy as in I am tactful but I am also aware that I can be blunt as well. But I think I've found a good enough balance between the two.

But in my life I've found that people have quite enjoyed exacting their bluntness upon me when I have been in need of a bit of tlc. This has been by people who would later on in my life enjoy letting me know how blunt I'm being and that I need to take it more easier on people.

You just can't win.

What do you all think about this?

Do you find that people in general can be a bit hypocritical about letting you know their opinions about what is right and wrong?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 12:40 pm

Can relate.

At work a lady low level supervisor called me out for talking to myself a couple of times.

Finally she asked "who are you talking to?".

So I explained to her how I was redoing a conversation with another person...another lady low level supervisor at the same company- who seems to be on a sabbatical from the company. And I explained how this lady would expound upon her odd and unproductive view of certain work related issued...and I politely referred to her unproductive statements as "weird", and about how the two of us would debate it.

So the lady who asked me this question got insensed, and said "EVERY body is weird about SOME thing. So thats why you have to tolerate their weirdness".

She got insensed at me for calling out someone's "weirdness" in the same conversation that she...called me out for being weird!! !! ! :lol:

-----

BTW I am grateful that she called me out for taking to myself. It wouldve been criminally negligant, both personally aand professionally, of her NOT doing so.

Just like I was doing my civic duty calling out the other lady.