Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 5:34 am

Yesterday another funny misunderstanding of this kind happened to me. I was reading Harry Potter fanfic and one of the characters was sheding crocodile tears. And you know what I saw in my mind? :lol: A guy with a bucket full of real tears of a real crocodile (being a wizard he probably, at least according to my association, had been using them to make a magic potion or something like that) whose now were useless for him and he didn't need them any more so he decided to pour them out on the ground. I'm still laughing at it :lol:

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 5:56 am

ghostgurl wrote:
That's pretty funny. I take things too literally sometimes. Occasionally my mom will tease me and I almost always fall for it. Sometimes I like to joke about taking things literally.

WHOA! SAME HERE! These days I DO joke about it more than actually make a mistake, but an interesting thing is that sometimes it takes the other person a while to realize what I mean. I have done this for YEARS, and never thought anything of it!

I do pretty well at hiding such things though. I am only now appreciating all the little things I have done to hide a secret I never really thought about. After all, things I absolutely WON'T change/hide make me seem strange enough.