Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 4:43 pm

mohsart wrote:
I wonder, do I look autistic? (My profile pic is me, albeit a younger version.)

You look like steve-o from jackass. Mixed together with Anthony Kiedis.

No, you don't look autistic. Its about behaviors not looks, how you act, move, talk, express, interact is what gives it away.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 4:47 pm

mohsart wrote:
I wonder, do I look autistic? (My profile pic is me, albeit a younger version.)
And if so, how come I only got diagnosed at age 52?
I call BS on the whole idea, especially when facts about the face that are true for 99% of the population is stated to be signs of autism. It's simply not true.

/Mats

I wouldn't guess you were autistic judging by your profile picture if I didn't know you were autistic.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 4:48 pm

do i look autistic in my profile picture?

my face aint as long as that its just how the picture comes up on here

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 4:53 pm

I wouldn't be able to tell via your photograph.

How about my photograph, which is my avatar?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't be able to tell via your photograph.

How about my photograph, which is my avatar?

No, if I didn't know you was autistic I wouldn't be able to guess just by looking at your avatar.

Caz72 - you don't look autistic either. Because autism doesn't have distinct facial features.

Saying that, I've noticed that people with severe/low-functioning autism seem to have large foreheads...but because there's too much deny over functioning labels, and also some NTs have large foreheads, that's not real evidence.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:23 pm

They have large foreheads, usually, because they have a chromosomal disorder in addition to autism.

Actually, my forehead is rather large----but not really outstandingly large.

Jack Nicholson is notable for having a large forehead. I don't sense too much autism in him.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:39 pm

It's just silly, really. Of course you cannot determine that I'm autistic by my looks or the lengths of my fingers.
For the record my ring fingers and index ones are pretty much the same length, it depends a bit on how i present my hands, but about the same.
I share the proportions of eyes, ears, mouth etc with most others, autistic or not, as I share the proportions of the whole body, golden ratio and so on.
My father had slightly shorter legs than me, but the same upper body lenght, and his father had even shorter legs. But that is as far as I can tell due to nutrition, or lack thereof.
The notion that one can determine if someone is autistic by looks is similar to the so called "gaydar", which I also believe is completely BS.

/Mats

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
... Actually, my forehead is rather large----but not really outstandingly large.

Jack Nicholson is notable for having a large forehead. I don't sense too much autism in him.
That is called "Male-Pattern Baldness".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They have large foreheads, usually, because they have a chromosomal disorder in addition to autism.

Actually, my forehead is rather large----but not really outstandingly large.

Your forehead is not large, it is just in proportion with your face shape. When I say large foreheads I mean more like eyes, nose and mouth close together but forehead outstandingly large. But some NTs present that kind of facial feature so it's not unique to autism.

In actual fact you have the same sort of face as my NT boyfriend. :)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:47 pm

Caz72 wrote:

Thats you? I thought it was some tv star. You got model looks. Im gettin Rosanna Arquette vibes, mixed together with Tori Wilson, with a touch of Farrah Fawcett.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm pretty sure, without checking, that if you measure his forehead it'd turn out to be as large or small as pretty much every body elses

/Mats

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:54 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

Thats you? I thought it was some tv star. You got model looks. Im gettin Rosanna Arquette vibes, mixed together with Tori Wilson, with a touch of Farrah Fawcett.

yer i know a lot of people say i look like different tv stars
i dont know where i got my good looks from because i dont look like my biological parents or my sister but my son looks like me

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm

I literally thought it was a screengrab from a tv show. You somehow won the genetic lottery, it must feel good.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 6:18 pm

mohsart wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm pretty sure, without checking, that if you measure his forehead it'd turn out to be as large or small as pretty much every body elses

/Mats

I actually did a quick check, and it turns out he has his eyes smack in the middle of his face, just like most of the rest of us.
As I said, mostly it's illusion when we think a person has a large or small forehead etc.

/Mats

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 6:44 pm

I actually have a pretty big head LOL.

If I had a "normal"-sized head, I'd be about 5 foot 3, instead of almost 5 foot 5.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 4:39 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My fourth fingers are longer than my index fingers.
Mine as well.

Wreck It Ralph