Stopped by the police twice due to AS!

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 6:36 pm

A few months ago I was in a terrible traffic-jam and a police car was stuck right beside me. I had seen it. The policeman told me to pull down my window and reprimanded me for being too focused in my thoughts. He gave me a long lecture, saying it's dangerous in traffic (I never crashed or bumped another car in 10 years but lots have crashed into my car).

Then a couple weeks ago I went to the police station to get a certificate for my passport, and the policeman at the entrance reprimanded me for being too focused in my thoughts. Same thing. So next time I came to pick up the certificate I made sure to look all around me as I passed that guard, pretending I was taking in the surroundings.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

28 Jul 2007, 7:01 pm

i cant drive because of my aspergers, but the police here will pull you over for anything. its a god complex they have, the bage makes them god

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 7:20 pm

Greentea wrote:
A few months ago I was in a terrible traffic-jam and a police car was stuck right beside me. I had seen it. The policeman told me to pull down my window and reprimanded me for being too focused in my thoughts. He gave me a long lecture, saying it's dangerous in traffic (I never crashed or bumped another car in 10 years but lots have crashed into my car).

Then a couple weeks ago I went to the police station to get a certificate for my passport, and the policeman at the entrance reprimanded me for being too focused in my thoughts. Same thing. So next time I came to pick up the certificate I made sure to look all around me as I passed that guard, pretending I was taking in the surroundings.

WAIT A SECOND! They REPRIMANDED you because you didn't APPEAR to be looking around? Just today, no less than THREE times I moved because of someone I saw through PERIPHERAL vision. They may have wondered why I moved, but I am sure they apprciated it. Several other times, today, I reacted to what I saw straight on, but never indicated I noticed. BESIDES, what do the police care? What country was that in? They must be STUPID to stop a person in the middle of traffic, and talk in such a way. ******THEY****** were breaking to law just by THEIR not paying attention!

BTW Most US states now have a no distraction law. They WERE going to make a no cell phone law, but realized that was stupid. The no distraction laws make it illegal to use cell phones IF they are a distraction, but they also include eating, boisterous kids, or talking through open windows on the road.! !! !

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 9:36 pm

I guess they don't appreciate daydreaming in Iran?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 10:03 pm

I have had police think I was on drugs when I wasn't. fun fun.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

28 Jul 2007, 10:15 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have had police think I was on drugs when I wasn't. fun fun.

If I was on drugs, I wouldn't be standing up right now, let alone speaking something legible.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Jul 2007, 11:47 pm

heh, police around here think im eccentric, i always get let go, and on occasion they see me stumbling home (i dont drink and drive... anymore) and talk to me, see who I am and let me be, its been a while tho since I have been harassed, about a year, cause I really am gettin my life together nicely in preperation for future family (i hope)

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 12:34 pm

Cyanide wrote:

hahahahaaaa ! !! !

People in general tell me that I look too focused in my thoughts, they tell me to stop thinking so much.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 2:21 pm

Greentea wrote:
Cyanide wrote:

hahahahaaaa ! !! !

People in general tell me that I look too focused in my thoughts, they tell me to stop thinking so much.

GEE, if they thought MORE the world would have fewer problems. A roommate in highschool, from Tehran, Iran, said his family was CHASED out of th country. He had THREE strikes against him:

1. His family was Jewish.
2. They liked the Shah.
3. His father was a laisan for the US army.

BTW his entire family WAS persian, aka Iranian! Ironically, he didn't even like the arabs because they changed persian culture/language.

Last edited by 2ukenkerl on 31 Jul 2007, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 4:17 pm

lol At a mall on the southside of Indianapolis, if you look at the map for directions, the Simon security cops go up to you like you're a criminal. lol That's happened to me twice now! Honestly, how am I being bad looking at the mall map for directions? I was just trying to find where the Old Navy was after all.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 4:51 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
lol At a mall on the southside of Indianapolis, if you look at the map for directions, the Simon security cops go up to you like you're a criminal. lol That's happened to me twice now! Honestly, how am I being bad looking at the mall map for directions? I was just trying to find where the Old Navy was after all.

YOU? AT OLD NAVY? WOW! :lol: I figured you would be at a upscale store.

Actually, I think they just have a power trip. And they often act quick. I mean asking if you need help before you even focused on the first line!?

ALSO, you look like a teenager at the oldest a lot of times. I don't know about all the stores, but some at victoria secrets HATE younger girls/women. They have had a lot of robberies of garments. You may simply fit the profile. Young, and upscale. In the case of some stores like victorias secret, being female is ANOTHER part of the profile.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:07 pm

lol I'll shop just about anywhere as long as I like the outfits, but I do prefer places like Saks!

Well, that's not the only time they've done this. About a year ago, my mom and I were looking at the map at the same mall and the security questioned us the same way. Are you not allowed to look at the maps or something? lol

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:10 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Greentea wrote:

WAIT A SECOND! They REPRIMANDED you because you didn't APPEAR to be looking around? Just today, no less than THREE times I moved because of someone I saw through PERIPHERAL vision. They may have wondered why I moved, but I am sure they apprciated it. Several other times, today, I reacted to what I saw straight on, but never indicated I noticed. BESIDES, what do the police care? What country was that in? They must be STUPID to stop a person in the middle of traffic, and talk in such a way. ******THEY****** were breaking to law just by THEIR not paying attention!

BTW Most US states now have a no distraction law. They WERE going to make a no cell phone law, but realized that was stupid. The no distraction laws make it illegal to use cell phones IF they are a distraction, but they also include eating, boisterous kids, or talking through open windows on the road.! !! !

That's just ridiculous. So long as you're driving properly, it shouldn't be a problem.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:13 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
lol I'll shop just about anywhere as long as I like the outfits, but I do prefer places like Saks!

Well, that's not the only time they've done this. About a year ago, my mom and I were looking at the map at the same mall and the security questioned us the same way. Are you not allowed to look at the maps or something? lol

Rather daft, isn't that what maps are for in the first place? :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's just harmlessly searching for something, not as if looking at the map contributes to some terrorist conspiracy.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2007, 9:16 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i cant drive because of my aspergers, but the police here will pull you over for anything. its a god complex they have, the bage makes them god

Nah, they pull you over for whatever reason so they can check for drugs and alcohol.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:19 pm

Anubis wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

Rather daft, isn't that what maps are for in the first place? :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's just harmlessly searching for something, not as if looking at the map contributes to some terrorist conspiracy.

Yeah, and it's not like I'm a huge threat. :roll: They're just proof that the police system is going straight down the toilet. I don't know how it is over there, but the police here are pretty much all idiots.