Effects of bullying and sensory assault

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 3:47 pm

Hey guys,
Just letting you know, I have been experiencing so much social bullying lately and having to deal with so many sensory meltdowns on top of that has weakened me severely. With the changes these things are causing in my body, I just can't say how long I will be able to keep going. This is not a very sustainable life. And I appreciate all the suggestions I am sure that people will be making. But bottom line is, I cannot be made responsible for the effects of other people hurting me. And if anyone tries to say "victim mentality," let me stop you right now. Don't even dare go there.

I just want to express the struggle I am going through. Please do not invalidate it. Thank you.

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 3:57 pm

I f*****g hate bullies. That's why I get wound up when everyone associates lacking empathy with autism, in my book all the NT bullies out there that bully us enough to make us feel miserable and suicidal really don't feel any empathy towards us and have no understanding of how we're feeling and the challenges we face. That's why they bully, because they don't understand, and isn't empathy about understanding???

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:03 pm

Sorry to hear that Skibum, this can't be an easy time for you. I'm not a Fix-It Felix so have a Wreck it Ralph gif instead.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:06 pm

Yeah I find it hard to understand why people behave in this way towards a person.

Sorry you're going through this Skibum

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I f*****g hate bullies. That's why I get wound up when everyone associates lacking empathy with autism, in my book all the NT bullies out there that bully us enough to make us feel miserable and suicidal really don't feel any empathy towards us and have no understanding of how we're feeling and the challenges we face. That's why they bully, because they don't understand, and isn't empathy about understanding???
you are so right!!

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:09 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah I find it hard to understand why people behave in this way towards a person.

Sorry you're going through this Skibum
:heart:

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:09 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Sorry to hear that Skibum, this can't be an easy time for you. I'm not a Fix-It Felix so have a Wreck it Ralph gif instead.

Love that!! ! Thank you!! :heart: :lol:

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:10 pm

Joe90 wrote:
:heart:

Wreck It Ralph

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 7:44 pm

A life of constant unwanted stress without much to get back from is indeed unsustainable.

Humans are also not meant to be stuck in an overactive fight or flight modes for too long.
It impedes a lot of things. Especially not as children.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 7:51 pm

skibum wrote:
Hey guys,
Just letting you know, I have been experiencing so much social bullying lately and having to deal with so many sensory meltdowns on top of that has weakened me severely. With the changes these things are causing in my body, I just can't say how long I will be able to keep going. This is not a very sustainable life. And I appreciate all the suggestions I am sure that people will be making. But bottom line is, I cannot be made responsible for the effects of other people hurting me. And if anyone tries to say "victim mentality," let me stop you right now. Don't even dare go there.

I just want to express the struggle I am going through. Please do not invalidate it. Thank you.

I hope things get better soon. It is disgusting how some people can dump all of their issues on an innocent person. And there's nothing worse than feeling powerless.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 8:19 pm

Sending empathy and compassion.

The struggle is real, and you aren't alone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 8:37 pm

Sorry to hear this skibum. I hope you find a way to get away from these toxic situations, or successfully confront the bullies.

I consider you a wise, valued, and long-time member here.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2022, 1:46 pm

You are heard and understood by many here. A lifetime of being bullied left its mark on many of us.
Sending loads of care and compassion, you are not alone.
I was desperate and depressed and constantly seeking to escape this world because I did not know I had alternatives to what looked like an endless torment of assault, bullying, and emotional and physical suffering.

I got taught some new ways to deal with the things/people causing the pain and life for me got better over time.

There alternatives to whatever is happening in life, and reaching out for help from a therapist or other professional can help give us new tools in our toolbox we use to "do life" .

Please rest and do self care and do reach out to others who can help you find a new and better way to live.

Message me here if you can't figure out a way to take the first steps, I know how very scary it can be, and I'll try to help figure out a way find relief.
Best wishes

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson