Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 12:21 am

I was once required to take a stuffed fake animal to a workshop, which was a disaster. I'm thinking of making it into a "Cement Cuddler." This is an invention of the Los Angeles Hysterical Society. It looks like any normal plush critter sprawled on a chair, but when the unwary guest tries to move it, they find that it is stuffed with solid concrete. The originals came with a tag giving cynical advice for children, tongue-in-cheek.

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2022, 9:22 am

I had for many years my baby blanket that i slept with until it practically fell apart so I had to retire him and now have Sir Wolfus my stuffed wolf. I don't care if other people would think I was crazy it helps a lot. I also have a nice cotton blanket that I like running through my fingers.

Schwiitzer
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2022, 7:45 pm

I've had a blanket that I've had for as long as I can remember. Now I use it as my sick blanket whenever I am not feeling well I pull it out of the closet and wrap it into a ball and just hug it. Up until recently I felt embarrassed about it. About 6 months ago I got a really soft fuzzy blanket for a trip I was taking. I really liked it and started wrapping up in it even at home. Again I felt embarrassed about it because as a 43-year-old man it wasn't what I thought was appropriate. Then March 12th happened which is the day that I took an aspie test. Since learning about ASD I have given myself the permission to like having things like that as a comfort. It has made a big difference that I don't have to feel bad about it anymore. But my wife still teases me about it.