Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

noisserped
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2021, 1:31 pm

Such an infantile, and yet infuriating thing... so, as it happens someone on the spectrum (on another site) reacted strongly to some simple criticism... no one else did, just this one person... but somehow he managed to gather some sort of cult who defended him at every step, until at one point apparently it was fine for him to harass, just not for me to respond. I hate humans...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 5:53 pm

Not even tribal. Its just that folks can be ...inconsistent.

Lady Supervisor Number One got annoyed with me for talking to myself on the job. Rightfully annoyed. But then asked "who are you talking to?". I explained that it was "an argument with [lady superviser number two] who no longer works with us. She does this thing thats weird." Then I explained how lady number two would state this certain thing - the thing in the context of our job is equivalent to being surprised that the sun sets at night-and getting upset and emotional about the sun setting at night (ya mean the sun goes away every day...and it gets DARK...and then the sun comes back...thats WHACKED). Like a 100 kinds of stupid in the same utterance. And Lady 2 also would encourage her team of new hires to share in her overly emotional stupidity. I would butt heads with Lady2 about it. Once told her in private that her schtick was "unprofessional" and setting a big example to the greenhorns. But she defended this dumb trash talking thing she did.

Lady number one responded sternly with "everyone has something weird about them - so thats why you have to tolerate their weirdness".

She calls me out for being weird, and then condemns me for calling out someone ELSE for being weird, all in the same conversation! :lol:

====

For the record I dont fault Lady number one for calling me out for talking to myself. That was a valuable thing I needed to hear so I could crack the whip on myself to stop doing it. Just like Lady Number two needed to be aware that to some employees she makes herself sound like an idiot, and that some employees would prefer that she showed more leadership skills...like teaching subordinates how to deal with this crazy thing that the sun does every 24 hours- rather than acting surprised and getting emotional about it. :lol:

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2021, 4:04 pm

I like them as ones known/spoken of as "neat actual things," and as abstractions of things not usually considered tribes, e.g.Trumpers, GOPers, peacenicks, taxpayers, the rich, the poor, etc., etc.

And best for imaginary things that might be perhapsably so enuf, e.g. Autistics, not-Autistics, Aspie-naughts, ND,'s, NT's, etc., etc.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 5:33 pm

I would probably dislike a cannibalistic tribe that might cook me up for dinner.

Wreck It Ralph