Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Brownilocks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2007, 8:13 pm

Are lightheadedness and depersonalization common with those diagnosed as having Asperger's or are taking SSRI's? I have felt at times like I was in my own world or it is hazy like things are strange? It is frightening and weird. Has this ever happened to anyone here?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 8:16 pm

I have never had those experiences.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 8:59 pm

I used to “zone out” for 10-20 seconds as a kid and people in school made fun of me for it. I grew out of that in my teens though. These were more like deja vu feelings than depersonalization.

Depersonalization usually goes on for hours or days at a time and can be fairly constant. It’s usually associated with anxiety or depression. I never had it for normal reasons though. The only time I had depersonalization it was due to Klonopin withdrawal. It was so bad that I couldn’t drive for a week. Sometimes it felt like the ground was rocking under my feet when I tried to walk. I couldn’t walk in a straight line, almost a drunk feeling. I also wasn’t sleeping more than 2-3 hours a night, so that might have had something to do with it.

mariag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2007, 8:59 pm

Brownilocks wrote:
Are lightheadedness and depersonalization common with those diagnosed as having Asperger's or are taking SSRI's? I have felt at times like I was in my own world or it is hazy like things are strange? It is frightening and weird. Has this ever happened to anyone here?

It could well be SSRI´s side effects, lightheadedness, or dizzines is a well known side effect not really dangerous, may dissapear after a while taking it, but depersonalisation, that´s more scary, you should tell your doctor about it, and very likely he will tell you to stop taking the drug or decrease the dose slowly depending on how long you´ve been taking them... However you should ask him/her first.