Have you ever done something just to annoy another person?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

Have you ever done something just to annoy another person or do something illegal just because it is illegal and piss off the government? I read that in the USA you must be at least 21 to smoke a cigarette I talked with American aspie to start smoking just when President Trump increased age to 21

Have you ever done something just to annoy another person or do something illegal just because it is illegal and piss off the government? I read that in the USA you must be at least 21 to smoke a cigarette I talked with American aspie to start smoking just when President Trump increased the age to 21

I'm Polish I have Asperger’s as in Asperger's syndrome in Poland you can drink and smoke anything (except weed) since you are 18.
I have loot of online friends across the globe, I talked with the person who has Asperger's as me but from the USA, he wrote me that he started to smoke when president Trump equated the age of consumption of tobacco with the one they have on alcohol which is 21, he started to smoke just to spite their government :-)
As a kid, I had a friend who hold here in Poland valid pilot license for a glider he had both ADHD and Asperger's (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and had some minor seizures as a young kid.
He applied in our Polish Civil Aviation Authority for 1st class airman medical certificate that enables a person to fly not just privately but also commercially in Poland and the EU he said he did it exactly because some people said he shouldn't be a pilot if he had ADHD/ASD but Aviation Medical Examiners not found out.
As for that American online friend of mine he said he started to smoke at 18 because it was only for 21 and he thought what the stupid Trump presidential administration would f**k say what he could and whet he didn't do, but he fell into tobacco addiction now, he said that is kind of funny that law aimed to combat smoking among adolescents and young adults encouraged him to smoke in the first place, that legislators did not take into account our aspie malicious mentality :-)

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:04 pm

Haven't we all?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:08 pm

Are you saying it's an autism spectrum trait to deliberately do things they're not supposed to just to piss people off or to be rebellious?

If you are, then you are highly mistaken, as I thought it was the most neurotypical thing in the world to do.

Or maybe it's just a human thing to do, regardless of neurology.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:12 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Oh, goodness no!

That would be like troll-baiting -- a truly despicable practice!

:wink: Or so I have been told!

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Oh, goodness no!

That would be like troll-baiting -- a truly despicable practice!

:wink: Or so I have been told!

As kid my mum send my camp for kids with behavioral problems because I don't want socialize back than they though o have Inattentive ADHD.

One of my friend have both ADHD and Autism and he get our Polish Pilot license that is valid in whole EU, he got the so-called 1st class airman medical certificate of the Polish Civil Aviation Authority despite he had ADHD and Autism, I wonder how he gets it how he convinced aviation doctor, he said he not trying to convict him just he not tell him whole :D

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:25 pm

Yes. Especially in my youth. I made relatives cry. And got peers to get violent with me. But I'm much more mature now. I suppose.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 3:06 pm

Annoying people is one of my biggest fears so no.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 3:25 pm

If you're NT you're allowed to annoy people. If you're a spectrumer, forget it! You must ALWAYS respect other people, whether you like them or not, whether they deserve it or not, whether you're just being playful or jokey or not, you must never, I repeat, NEVER, under any circumstances, annoy any NT. It might annoy them! 8O

An NT can annoy you though. It's totally acceptable.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
If you're NT you're allowed to annoy people. If you're a spectrumer, forget it! You must ALWAYS respect other people, whether you like them or not, whether they deserve it or not, whether you're just being playful or jokey or not, you must never, I repeat, NEVER, under any circumstances, annoy any NT. It might annoy them! 8O

An NT can annoy you though. It's totally acceptable.

Generally, I don't give a s**t about the rules, when I was a child, I landed every year at a summer camp for troubled youth who, for one reason or another, no one wanted to accept elsewhere, because they had ADHD, autism spectrum as in my case, epilepsy, drug problems, etc. .

Other kids peed me, in my water bottle, two such bullies, in retrospect I know that they probably had ADHD. They thought it was funny to suck an autistic man into his water bottle, but as Klingons say, revenge tastes best served cold, so I thought of revenge, I thought the urine would not be original and the s**t in the sandwich would be too visible, so I figured I'd give them my own "milk" "to their yoghurt, milk straight from the bull, you'd say if you know what I mean.

And do make long story short I added something to their yogurt, watched carefully how they drank it wait some time and than told them what it was, they beat crap off me but it was worth :P

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 4:38 pm

AprilR wrote:
Annoying people is one of my biggest fears so no.

And I gave a s**t on it, I really do not care about how they would perceive me or how they would see me do they would like me? It's their problem, not mine :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 4:56 pm

I find I annoy people without even trying to, I really don't want to bring their wrath down on me by doing it deliberately as well.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm

When I was younger I sometimes did by accident and sometimes did on purpose when I wanted to be left alone.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2022, 6:59 pm

Quote:
Have You Ever Done Something Just To Annoy Another Person?

Of course I have. Is there anyone who hasn't?

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:10 pm

I keep living, don't I? :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:25 pm

The fact that they're illegal does make my Cuban cigars taste better, I get a little extra frisson of enjoyment every time I fire one up from that.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 1:29 am

Deliberate?? Yes.
My family, my sister or my mom most especially. Sometimes my boss.
Sometimes some of my friends. Sometimes a few strangers. And sometimes people I simply dislike.
Mostly for giggles. :P

Accidental?? Sure.
It is at least as frustrating as the person who received the annoying end of it, if not more.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.