That price tag is zero bucks and zero pennies

I hate everyone else even more than I hate myself

Shift the coordinate axis

"Thin line between love and hate"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 10:43 am

^^^you've got a point about many people of dubious societal value having supreme self-esteem. that is a continuing mystery, what such people seldom get deflated.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 10:45 am

My self-esteem is alright. It's my stress tolerance limit that is fcked.
Battles...such a war like word. Why not elevate, or raise, or improve.
Instead. Battles...

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 4:58 pm

Self-esteem with a disability

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 4:24 am

when i'm around normal people my self-esteem takes a big hit, hence i can't stay around them long at all.

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2022, 10:12 am

I've had major struggles with this throughout my life, probably because most of my life I didn't know about autism but knew I had problems and issues (social, sensory, not fitting in, much more sensitive in general than others, etc.) that I didn't see others dealing with and could not figure it out. Also, the ridicule and put-downs and being tormented by others (mainly family) for sensory issues that I had that I didn't understand what was wrong with me either. It got pretty bad at a point. Luckily my husband has been a great help and he doesn't make me feel bad for these things. Now I know about autism and it helps my esteem some (not my fault, not a defective horrid person). I still struggle though when I cannot get things that I see others around me get perfectly well like it is no problem. So, yeah now it is more when I see the differences between me and other NT people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 12:52 pm

my self esteem got a giant providential boost yesterday when, at dan dial's tesla lab in Shelton WA. i encountered some lovely people, nice friendly evolved couple, who sensed my low self-esteem and got to work on me and made me feel loved, they told me i was very lovable!! :D :o :heart: NOBODY has EVER said THAT to ME before! wow..... :heart: i swooned, i fell in love with them, the man was a charismatic preacher and he laid hands on me and prayed for me fervently... :heart: OMG swooning... i must dwell on those good feelings to tide me over... i hope something like this happens for others here on WP.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 6:08 pm

Yeah.
I'm late to this thread as been away for work, up in Far North Queensland where the internet/phone service has yet to reach and cattle still walk on the main highway...
Anyway, I had a traffic control crew with me and this time, in an attempt to avoid the inevitable miscommunications, I told them about my autism up front. Basically told them to communicate with me directly because I'm not going to pick up on hints and the like.
One of the guys, he really got it. He'd worked for Centrelink before, that's the government agency that deals with benefits / social security, so maybe he'd experience with autistics, or maybe he was particularly empathetic. I felt like he was watching out for me the whole time, and when we finished the fieldwork stint, he gave me a big hug.
I went away and bawled my eyes out, because I feel so broken all the time, and am so busy covering that up and putting on a show of competence so that I can do my work, hardly anybody ever sees through that and understands how much I struggle to connect with people, let alone helps me out.
Ultimately, don't we all just want to feel loved and accepted? It's very hard to have good self-esteem without regular reminders from others that we belong.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 10:53 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Yeah.
I'm late to this thread as been away for work, up in Far North Queensland where the internet/phone service has yet to reach and cattle still walk on the main highway...
Anyway, I had a traffic control crew with me and this time, in an attempt to avoid the inevitable miscommunications, I told them about my autism up front. Basically told them to communicate with me directly because I'm not going to pick up on hints and the like.
One of the guys, he really got it. He'd worked for Centrelink before, that's the government agency that deals with benefits / social security, so maybe he'd experience with autistics, or maybe he was particularly empathetic. I felt like he was watching out for me the whole time, and when we finished the fieldwork stint, he gave me a big hug.
I went away and bawled my eyes out, because I feel so broken all the time, and am so busy covering that up and putting on a show of competence so that I can do my work, hardly anybody ever sees through that and understands how much I struggle to connect with people, let alone helps me out.
Ultimately, don't we all just want to feel loved and accepted? It's very hard to have good self-esteem without regular reminders from others that we belong.

THANK YOU for that, YOU BELONG. :pr: :pl:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2022, 11:50 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Yeah.

This just made my day.
Letting down our guard is so hard, and yet so beautiful sometimes.

Congrats on having this amazing breakthrough.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 12:09 am

Ironically, my autism probably boosts but then reduces my self-esteem a little due having that good memory for facts/things I've read, so I have that fleeting feeling of being able to help by sharing it to others (I like helping). I then kinda feel like I'm standing out too much when I do it and appearing egotistical/arrogant, so then I dislike myself for talking in the first place, lol.

It's one of the reasons why I hide.