6 age 61 to 70 18%  18%  [ 18 ]
7 age 71 to 80 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
8 age 81 to 90 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9 older than 90. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 101

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2022, 5:47 pm

I am 14. In my experience, fellow aspies my age (myself included) despise most of the typical social media platforms.

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2022, 6:25 pm

The average age here is pretty old, obviously, lol. But I prefer it to more modern social media because I'm not sure why. I guess because it seems old, and I take a lot of comfort in the past. I definitely wouldn't change the design, one of the reasons I come on here is because it looks less modern.
If anyone's wondering where the young autistic people are hanging out, it's Tumblr, Discord, and probably Reddit and Twitter too. But people on Tumblr hated me and ignored me because I wasn't exactly like them (they are all a certain way and if you get into that side of tumblr you'll know what I mean. Discord servers are usually very strict, like I have my own server but don't have mods, but they'll kick you out if you disagree with them on any issues. I used to use Reddit but quit because I regularly got into fights very often on autism and Asperger's subreddits, plus there was plenty of sexism tbh. Most of people on Reddit are 20 year old men and were angry when I defended my peers.
I'm pretty much unwanted in most autism communities online, even my own that I made, lmao. So I never stick around one place for too long, because there will almost always be someone that pisses me off or makes me think I'm faking, and it ends in a giant fight. Which usually starts with me defending someone, because I just can't keep my virtual mouth shut. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 6:28 pm

Who is over 90? :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 6:45 pm

42110117 wrote:
I am 14. In my experience, fellow aspies my age (myself included) despise most of the typical social media platforms.

Social media platforms are difficult for adults. I would say they are toxic for children.

I would put an age limit of 21 years of chronological age for them, based on national ID verification, if I had any political power.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 8:38 pm

Dear_one wrote:
The age posted under my avatar remains accurate without further attention.
The age displayed by your avatars, if entered correctly, will stay current. The age bucket I picked on the poll, however, will need updating in a few years...and then every ten years afterwards.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 10:06 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if young aspies aren't using wrong planet, what ARE they using?

Reddit, TikTok

Also Discord servers, I think. I've seen a lot of ASD related servers and some have a lot of members. Much more than this website. lol

am familiar with discord only because of the doll forums there.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2022, 11:30 pm

I get along with older people better than my peers. I have a friend who is 48. People at work thought I was weird for being his friend. I don’t care.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 5:49 pm

The results surprised me, seems we do indeed have a nice mix of perspectives from almost every age category. Thanks for the input!! !!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 5:51 pm

prego :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 7:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Wow. I just learned something.

My mind went immediately to the Urban Dictionary meaning but somehow I don't think you meant "prego".

A quick Internet search reminded me of the commercial meaning of "prego". But that didn't seem right, either.

A little more poking around on the Internet got me a much more suitable definition of "prego". You were telling him to sit down "you're welcome".

I learned something! :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 7:26 pm

There was much much more generational conflict on WP during the 2014-2016 period then there is now.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 7:48 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
There was much much more generational conflict on WP during the 2014-2016 period then there is now.

Yep.

My view is that both the boomers in the real world have largely forgotten their heritage (or have abandoned it purposefully), and millennials, Gen-Z and so on, have forgotten their heritage in the online, digital world.

Hence why we have the Tories winning every election, because nobody understands politics and the Tories are pissing all over everyone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm

Double Retired wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Wow. I just learned something.

My mind went immediately to the Urban Dictionary meaning but somehow I don't think you meant "prego".

A quick Internet search reminded me of the commercial meaning of "prego". But that didn't seem right, either.

A little more poking around on the Internet got me a much more suitable definition of "prego". You were telling him to sit down "you're welcome".

I learned something! :)

chuffed at the appreciation :heart: but i actually meant pasta sauce ;) [NO I'M JUST JOSHING ;) ]

Permutative
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2022, 12:56 pm

I have a natural proclivity towards interacting with people older than me rather than younger than me. I find that people younger than me sort of have certain social instincts particular to their stage of development that I lack. They sort of form cliches/tribes that require a certain conformity or even just a certain nature to begin with in order to not only fit in, but for them to not glaze over everything I say and degrade me because they don't understand what I am saying or care at all and I don't "match their vibe". There always seems to be an awkward culture shock present. In school, I would chat with all my teachers, and seldom say a word to my peers. I'm sure there are pros and cons to other age groups as well, but in my current position I am inclined to avoid physical or internet social places in which the average demographic is equal to or less than my age. And of course, there are many individuals younger than me whom I would get along well with, but that's a different topic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:02 pm

^^^you took the words right outta my mouth. :o

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm

Wonder how the the average age of our members & the age of our average members would compare.