Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How old were you in your oldest memory?
< 1 year old 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 56

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 5:25 pm

I am guessing the distribution of these will be bimodal, let's see if I am right.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 8:40 pm

I remember being in my stroller, noticing the letters at the footstand of he stroller, taking a bath in the sink, being scared of everything, and the scent of vomit----when I was about 2 or 2 1/2 years of age.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 8:57 pm

Earliest memories are from when I was 5.
Don't have much memory of childhood, it is a huge void with just a few scattered bits of memory sprinkled here and there.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 9:09 pm

Unsure.

4 at most perhaps, judging by how young my sister was, seem like not younger than 6 months old and not older than a year, in a very random memory back then.

Too random.
In my grandparent's house, on a particular sink, my mom bathing my younger sister who had barely learned how to walk yet.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 1:11 am

A hospital, which will be around 18-24 months old, as I went a few times within that period of time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 1:21 am

Hard to say really. I have a few very hazy memories of being a baby in my crib but I don't know how old I was exactly. I remember tiny bits, like a green basket we had that had chunky plastic toy cars and animals in, and picturing it in my mind brings me back to babyhood but no specific memory. Also certain songs can take me back too.

I have memories of being 3 and 4 at nursery school but not so much at home. I have a good memory of childhood and my teenage years. In fact my brain is full of stored memories from childhood, the memories stronger as I got older. I can remember most of my birthdays, summers and Christmases after the age of about 8 to the present day.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 9:50 am

Oh, did you mean earliest memory? I was interpreting the question as "the memory in which you were the oldest", which would be five seconds ago.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 10:00 am

I can't remember.

Ba-dum.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 10:23 am

Ettina wrote:
Oh, did you mean earliest memory? I was interpreting the question as "the memory in which you were the oldest", which would be five seconds ago.

I mean, poke fun if you want, but what can I say?
Some days I no talk good.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 11:09 am

Fern wrote:
Ettina wrote:

I mean, poke fun if you want, but what can I say?
Some days I no talk good.

I wasn't poking fun at you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 11:54 am

Oldest memory means the memory you've had the longest. Newest memory would be 5 seconds ago.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 12:54 pm

I'm not sure...
The oldest memory that I know for sure, I was 27 months old.
I know I have older memories than that.
I have at least two memories of being in my high chair, and the last time we tried putting my son in that very same chair, he was starting to outgrow it. So maybe around 18 months or so? I know I had teeth/molars.

I don't know when I learned to walk, I'd have to ask, but I remember running around a house at what was probably a Christmas party. I remember someone handing me one of those plastic candy canes that have candy inside. So that was either 11 months or 23. It was always a pretty foggy memory, so I want to say it was older.

Some time when I was 2, I remember laying in my parents' bed, trying to remember before I was born...but the furthest back I could go, was a memory of everything just being really dark, like a dark reddish brown. Possibly a memory of being in the womb?

...also, I'm going to assume that past-life memories don't count, because I have one from during/after the Civil War =)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 1:35 pm

My earliest memory is at 3 yrs in Australia. My mother had given me a little battery operated colourful keyboard and we were in the backyard, in the sunshine, on the lush, green grass. She passed away a year later, so I’m fortunate to have vivid memories of my time with her. She was a pretty wonderful Mother, to put it mildly.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 1:40 pm

I mostly started remembering things when I was around 2 or 3, like most people I guess. One of my earliest memories was sitting in a high chair while at my grandparent's house, eating ice cream while watching the Peanuts Christmas special on a portable TV.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 2:23 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I mostly started remembering things when I was around 2 or 3, like most people I guess.

"Most people" start retaining memories at 5 years or older.
Being able to remember before then is pretty common on the Spectrum.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 3:07 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I mostly started remembering things when I was around 2 or 3, like most people I guess.

"Most people" start retaining memories at 5 years or older.
Being able to remember before then is pretty common on the Spectrum.

Actually the average age where people start retaining memories is around 3-4 years old.