Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2007, 10:52 am

I just realized how I managed to succeed in the workplace (until I collapsed from the strain of pretending to be NT) - shorthand. I learned it in high school. You know how aspies have trouble multi-tasking? by which I think they mean getting a whole bunch of directions about different things at the same time. Well, shorthand is the answer. I never went anywhere on the job with pen & paper, and I wrote down everything anybody said re work. I see now that I didn't understand any of it then, but later, when I sat down with a shorthand transcript of what the boss had said, I could figure it out. I was as fast as the others and my work was high quality.

For whatever it may be worth, hope it helps somebody.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 11:13 am

Neat!

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2007, 12:08 pm

Or you could just blackmail your boss.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 2:08 pm

Never been able to do shorthand but I've been carrying a small notebook and pen around with me for years.

Ed Almos

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 6:07 pm

Well, I guess I am lucky I got a job that is mostly somewhat logical and am often left much to my own. If someone tells me what they want, I can find problems, and it is easy to break down into a concept that I can then revive in a detailed way. The lowest level details often require that kind of thought, and are left up to me, anyway.

Steve