Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:32 pm

I want to be like Albert Einstein. How do I improve my profound symptoms of Dyscalculia? I want to end up like him one day.

Last edited by FranzOren on 12 May 2022, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 5:50 pm

Why? I would hate to be that intelligent. I wish I was like Blondie. So pretty. Or Joanna Lumley. Beautiful, rich celebrities with big social lives.

But, each to their own I suppose.

ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2022, 6:02 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I want to be like Albert Einstein. How do I improve my profound symptoms of Dyscalculia? I want to end up like him one day.

Try to be the best you that you can be. You could try using online learning to be the best at maths that you can be. My son had learning difficulties and now is doing physics at university. He talks about math non stop. He watches math on youtube. I can follow him but he knows more about math than me. So these things can happen. But if you have limitations in one area, accept them because you can't change them. Be kind to yourself

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:15 pm

I am sorry that in history not kind to myself. I have very low-self esteem, suicidal thoughts, envy myself and get frustrated at myself and sometimes call myself "ret*d" for having profound learning disorder, and sometimes give up on learning, as it is so frustrating. I used the phrase "ret*d" on myself from people who called me that for not learning like my peers.

I am also mentally ill after that.

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 6:22 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I am sorry that in history not kind to myself. I have very low-self esteem, suicidal thoughts, envy myself and get frustrated at myself and sometimes call myself "ret*d" for having profound learning disorder, and sometimes give up on learning, as it is so frustrating. I used the phrase "ret*d" on myself from people who called me that for not learning like my peers.

Life is tough sometimes. If you need support, look for it. If you make a habit of denigrating yourself, people will think less of you. When I was 20, I used to do the same thing and wonder why people didn't like me. Life is confusing sometimes. Lots of people have 'learning disorders'. that's a fancy name for saying your skills lie elsewhere. If you are the dumbest person to ever live, you are still a human being, and you still have value. Don't let yourself be defined by one narrow thing. Don't self sabotage by taking the thing you are worst at, and deciding it defines your value. I would rather a friend who was kind, than a friend who was smart.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:26 pm

I am sorry that I sometimes gave up on learning and cared what others say about me, it can make my learning difficulties worse. I need to be strong. Thank you!

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 6:27 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I am sorry that I sometimes gave up on learning and cared what others say about me, it can make my learning difficulties worse. I need to be strong. Thank you!

Don't apologise. You've done nothing to be ashamed of. Life is tough sometimes, you're allowed to ask for support.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:27 pm

Thank you!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:07 pm

FranzOren wrote:

I feel the same about myself, except I don't really care how intelligent I am, I care more about how socially skilled I am. Although I don't lack all social skills, I envy others with more social skills than me.

I envy women that are confident and attractive. Like one of my cousins. She's the same age as me, but is the total opposite me in every way. She's an extroverted NT, and is so bright, sporty, confident and can make friends so easily. And she doesn't even need to make much effort. She's only got to walk into a room full of people and then the next minute she's being asked out by lots of men and has made friends with lots of women. I remember she was extremely popular at school. Friends would just follow her back to her house after school.

Hopefully in my next life I'll be reincarnated into someone like her. Then I'll be so happy. She's got such an active, busy life with so many people loving her that she doesn't have time to be depressed or dwell on the problems she may have (as I know that everyone has problems of some sort).

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 7:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

I feel the same about myself, except I don't really care how intelligent I am, I care more about how socially skilled I am. Although I don't lack all social skills, I envy others with more social skills than me.

I envy women that are confident and attractive. Like one of my cousins. She's the same age as me, but is the total opposite me in every way. She's an extroverted NT, and is so bright, sporty, confident and can make friends so easily. And she doesn't even need to make much effort. She's only got to walk into a room full of people and then the next minute she's being asked out by lots of men and has made friends with lots of women. I remember she was extremely popular at school. Friends would just follow her back to her house after school.

Hopefully in my next life I'll be reincarnated into someone like her. Then I'll be so happy. She's got such an active, busy life with so many people loving her that she doesn't have time to be depressed or dwell on the problems she may have (as I know that everyone has problems of some sort).

She's attractive BECAUSE she is confident. As I mentioned, I was pushed into the dating scene and I had some success. It made me a lot more confident and since then I've been wolf whistledfor the first time and had random women come onto me at bars, for the first time.

Having said that, I don't want it. I have my relationship and that's enough. I would like more friends and that can be tough but, you know, we are who we are. I won't ever be the centre of attention or someone everyone loves. But I DO often form deep and meaningful connections with other people even if they derail sometimes. The last was with a lady I had to break it off with to save my marriage because she wasn't willing to accept just friendship

So I get what you're saying. My advice is, don't get upset you're not someone else. Try to work out who you are, and how to best find the things you want in life. Those super popular people are in my experience often pretty superficial and not worth putting a lot of effort into anyhow. If I met you and your outgoing friend, I'd be drawn to the quiet one for sure.

Question - why does it matter if she 'gets asked out by lots of men'? Doesn't she only need one?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:45 pm

Thank you! I needed it. I am sorry that I became so negative and depressed. I kind of exhibit one trait of vulnerable narcissism and depression.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 8:06 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Thank you! I needed it. I am sorry that I became so negative and depressed. I kind of exhibit one trait of vulnerable narcissism and depression.

Don't know about narcissism but you probably do have depression, which is common among the general population, not just autistics.

Quote:
She's attractive BECAUSE she is confident.

She really is physically attractive. She is a good shape because she plays football and does other sports too, and when she's not playing sports she's dyeing her hair and covering her face with make-up so that it looks perfect.

I should wear more make-up, not to attract men, because I already have one, but just to look more attractive. Being attractive boosts your confidence, and women are under pressure to look physically attractive. I'm a tomboy but I'm not into sports. Well I'm more like a country girl.

Quote:
Question - why does it matter if she 'gets asked out by lots of men'? Doesn't she only need one?

She needs NONE - she's actually gay and in a relationship with a girlfriend. But she still attracts loads of men and gets loads eyeing her up and asking her out, even if they know she's gay! She obviously likes the attention and it is a good ego boost for her. It's a "chicken or the egg" situation really. She's really confident because she attracts so many people, but she attracts so many people because she's really confident.

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 8:10 pm

Joe90 wrote:
She really is physically attractive. She is a good shape because she plays football and does other sports too, and when she's not playing sports she's dyeing her hair and covering her face with make-up so that it looks perfect.

I should wear more make-up, not to attract men, because I already have one, but just to look more attractive. Being attractive boosts your confidence, and women are under pressure to look physically attractive. I'm a tomboy but I'm not into sports. Well I'm more like a country girl.

She needs NONE - she's actually gay and in a relationship with a girlfriend. But she still attracts loads of men and gets loads eyeing her up and asking her out, even if they know she's gay! She obviously likes the attention and it is a good ego boost for her. It's a "chicken or the egg" situation really. She's really confident because she attracts so many people, but she attracts so many people because she's really confident.

Different people find different things attractive. I learned last year I am positively put off by skinny girls. I like girls with a little weight, it's more feminine. So the physical thing is irrelevant, we all like different things. I agree it's good to feel confident and I agree it's good to feel good about yourself. What you do with clothes and make up is obviously about what makes you feel good, not just for the benefit of men.

I guess I'm saying you can feel confident without being thin or having perfect make up. I know it's tough, I know society puts women under enormous pressure in these regards....... But you have a boyfriend, at least one guy thinks you're the BEST ONE OUT THERE!! !

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:19 pm

What you guys said makes sense.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:35 pm

FranzOren wrote:

Me too! 8O

Quote:
He was a philanderer
“While married to Elsa, he had extramarital affairs, and ended up coming to an accommodation where affairs were part of their marital arrangement,” says Biller. “Einstein had very unconventional ideas about monogamy and marriage, and had a very active sex life with fascinating women.”

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... sex+addict

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:37 pm

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

Try to be the best you that you can be. You could try using online learning to be the best at maths that you can be. My son had learning difficulties and now is doing physics at university. He talks about math non stop. He watches math on youtube. I can follow him but he knows more about math than me. So these things can happen. But if you have limitations in one area, accept them because you can't change them. Be kind to yourself

Agreed.
I am the best skunk I have ever been.
That will do me. 8)