Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2022, 3:26 pm

Every product you buy has at least one sticker. I can't stand them and peel them off, usually with a razor blade. I'll scrape and scrape until the last bit of icky gooey paper is off. I won't let my fingers or fingertips make contact with any sticker that's on any inanimate object including information stickers on equipment at the gym. If I put a hand on the equipment, like to steady myself while stretching, I'll first check to make sure no stickers are in the path of my palm or fingers.

I remove stickers on fruit by slicing out the section with a knife. If the knife touches the sticker, I use a new knife.

I tried to remove the sticker on the back of a mirror, but gave up; it was on really good.

I've put things in the dishwasher to soak the sticker to make it more removable. I'll even remove stickers where I'm not likely to make finger contact like on pots for my houseplants including their bottom.

Stickers on broom handles must go. If I can't remove them I'll make sure not to touch them while using it. Price tag stickers on bottoms of jars: I remove them. If I discover a sticker on something I've been using for a while, I get internal distress and am uptight that I never noticed the sticker before.

I hate stickers on any new pair of sunglasses. Stickers ARE EVERYWHERE, no matter WHAT the product. What's WRONG with manufacturers that they must put stickers all over every damn product?

I hate those little white stickers on the plastic bags that bread comes in. I must peel them off before buying the loaf.

Does anyone ELSE have this problem???

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 3:31 pm

I’m the same way. I try to avoid buying stuff with stickers, but since they’re on practically everything, it’s not always feasible.

They are just gross.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2022, 4:22 pm

I hate stickers. Have had to put up with a few because I have kids, but they make my skin crawl.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:56 pm

About half of the filing cabinet next to my desk is covered in stickers. Of course, those are decorative stickers that mostly came from LOL Surprise dolls and other toys. Sometimes I wish I had just put them in a sticker album, though.

But putting price stickers on things is awful. Having to peel them off and then trying to get the gunk still stuck to it off afterwards is a horrible pain. If there's a sticker on a piece of fruit I usually just peel it off and then eat it. The fruit, I mean, not the sticker. :lol:

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:40 pm

Stickers are evil. I peel them off anything I can and I really hate it when the sticker glue remains. I gave my son a sticker book to ensure stickers don't go anywhere else in the house. I am not ordinarily OCD, but when it comes to stickers...yes.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:57 pm

If stubborn sticky residue remains after youve peeled off the sticker, you can remove it with a little olive oil on a damp cloth.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 6:11 pm

I discovered the tap on my bathroom sink has had a layer of clear shrink wrap on it for six years.
I've tried everything. I can't even get an edge on it because it's fused on from using hot water.

Stickers suck.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 6:31 pm

I don't like anything that feels sticky. The Nee Doh ball I got is starting to feel sticky on the outside, so I've stopped using it until I can get some corn starch to put on it, like the box says to. I don't like dry, powdery things either though, so that might not work out...

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 3:35 am

I hate them much less after discovering Goo-Gone. Sticky stuff just wipe right off. I use it to clean knives, too. :)

Lemon can work quite well, too in a pinch. I once got an old disintegrating long strip of fly paper wrapped around my hand. It was so sticky. I was screaming and everyone ran away. Nobody wanted to take the fly paper off. I didn't blame them as we'd probably be stuck together. They didn't have anything suitable for removing it so I finally used a lemon to scrub it off.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 3:40 am

It depends on context.

In the situations described by OP I dislike stickers.

I like stickers on guitars. I like stickers on cars.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Polynechramorph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2022, 3:54 am

I think all stickers should be banned!
Nothing worse than peeling off half a sticker and then having to scrape the rest off and then deal with all that sticky goo. Sticker removal products work but it's also a gooey sticky mess and regardless of how carefully I do it, I inevitably get some on my finger 8O

Ironically price stickers are intentionally difficult to remove in one piece to stop people from swapping stickers in a store to get a better price. Swap the cheap product sticker onto a more expensive product.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:03 am

Hate them too.
They don't gross me out, but they Must Be Removed.

/Mats

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 8:59 pm

I can't stand those stickers on Fruits I find them annoying, the ones on Jam jars are annoying too.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It depends on context.

In the situations described by OP I dislike stickers.

I like stickers on guitars. I like stickers on cars.

I have stickers on my laptop but they're the smoothy kind that can come off.

Stickers are fun when I get to choose them and put them where I want.

The ones inflicted upon us are pure hell. 8)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:48 am

I don't mind stickers, but whenever I have to break a seal on a new container, I curse the crook who made them necessary. What's the problem with stickers? Size? Appearance? Surface roughness? How about paint or decals, or complete vinyl wraps? Stick on letters for signs? Most signs are stick-on now, and so are many road markings.

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2022, 9:51 pm

Maybe this this eBay product will help? Show the world how you feel!