Page 3 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:44 pm

Pepe wrote:
Aren't autistic people "meant" to be ultra-individualistic individuals?

That brings to mind something heard or seen, or both, several years back.
I no longer remember the build-up but it wrapped up with,
"I was going to be an individualist until I realized everybody's doing it these days."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:54 pm

Jakki wrote:
It’s odd.. never solicited male relationships .. nor would I at this point in life …. But coincidences have played a big role in the friends I have now .And having done business repeatedly with the same people . Plus maybe growing up with brothers . And having been happily
married to a Car / Aircraft enthusiast and Aerospace engineer (RIP).Whose hobbies I shared . Allowed me to be able to relate and have input on some of mens type interests .

So, do you agree that the beginning of the Tragedy of WWII began with the signing of the Versaille's treaty?
What is your preference in scale for plastic model kits?
Do you agree that "love" is simply the result of a chemical reaction in the brain?
Nietzche suggested that one must experience even the dark side of sexuality to understand the depth of one's humanity and animalistic instincts. Do you agree?

Perhaps there is a better place to discuss these things. 8)

Don't be alarmed.
Just making a point. ;)

BTW, I have oftened considered the benefits of having a significant other who had a male mind in a female body.
The melding of both worlds.
But alas, that was never to be. :(

Ellen Page, where for art thou. :cry:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:57 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Aren't autistic people "meant" to be ultra-individualistic individuals?

That brings to mind something heard or seen, or both, several years back.
I no longer remember the build-up but it wrapped up with,
"I was going to be an individualist until I realized everybody's doing it these days."

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:58 pm

My mom had a bumper sticker: I'm Unique, Just Like Everyone Else.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:10 pm

Jakki wrote:
Hope you might find some acquaintances here too Kitesandtrainsandcats, Am quite certain that we have our share of Model RailRoad people here on WP . Think MountainGoat might agree with me about that . :D

Yes, do have a couple. MG and I do message sometimes.

If it doesn't kill and destroy, it isn't a real scale model hobby.
Military modelling is THE real male skunk's preoccupation. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:13 pm

SharonB wrote:

My mom had a bumper sticker: I'm Unique, Just Like Everyone Else.

I had a bumper sticker that simply said: "I am a eunuch ."
I think the autocorrect spelling function went haywire. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:16 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
When I was a kid I got along better with boys, because they tolerated my "weirdness" and my interests more, but as an adult I get along with women more. Men don't tolerate my "weirdness", but women, especially older women, are more empathetic and tolerate me better.

I have some good male friends, but I gravitate more towards women.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:21 pm

SpiralingCrow wrote:

Thank you both for your comments. Physical limitations can certainly make maintaining friendships difficult. Luckily the internet can keep us connected. I have made some great friends over the years via the internet and been able to maintain friendship after moving a great distance away.

We would make a great team.
You make fantastic friends...
...and I make diabolical enemies. Bwhahahaha. :twisted:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 11:27 pm

Rexi wrote:

In school, males were much more aggressive with my differences and they had their own backs. Males who were quirky were treated better and integrated in their group more.

Then, online, for a while, I found to really be able to hold longer friendships with males but not without issue or judgements.

Males in my city are very judging and insensitive, my quirks easily come out on the street even if they dont know me, they rudely point out anything unusual about me, hairstyle, clothes, etc. I don't get why males would be interested in this, and I think they are disgusting and run their mouths unnecessarily. They have a fun time pointing it out to their girlfriends, and I don't know how those girls tolerate that behaviour in the one they respect and expect maturity from. Somehow, I don't think they get treated very well either.

I don't have high regard for Romantican society, from what I have heard. 8)
"Pedestrian" and "ugly" are two words that come to mind. 8)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 12:06 am

Pepe wrote:

As for me, that's an easy answer, I prefer the scale which best suits my purposes.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 3:51 am

Pepe wrote:

As for me, that's an easy answer, I prefer the scale which best suits my purposes.

Unacceptable answer.
Try again. 8)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:04 am

Pepe wrote:
Unacceptable answer. Try again. 8)

:P

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:10 am

Someone unleashed Pepe!

Last edited by SpiralingCrow on 18 May 2022, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:20 am

Rexi wrote:
SpiralingCrow wrote:
I was reading through some posts on the forum the other day. A man mentioned that in school, all the boys hated and bullied him but he got along with the girls. I'm a woman and all my past friendships with women do not survive. The relationship feels complicated and tends to end quite poorly. Often, I don't understand why it ends. I find my friendships with men either don't end at all or last longer. They also feel less complicated.

I began thinking about how the opposite sex may relate to those on the spectrum. Are NT men more forgiving of the "quirks" of ASD women? Are NT women more forgiving of the "quirks" of ASD men?
Has any one else found that friendships with the opposite sex less complicated? Or no there is no difference?

I've been on both ends of that.

In school, males were much more aggressive with my differences and they had their own backs. Males who were quirky were treated better and integrated in their group more.

Then, online, for a while, I found to really be able to hold longer friendships with males but not without issue or judgements.

Males in my city are very judging and insensitive, my quirks easily come out on the street even if they dont know me, they rudely point out anything unusual about me, hairstyle, clothes, etc. I don't get why males would be interested in this, and I think they are disgusting and run their mouths unnecessarily. They have a fun time pointing it out to their girlfriends, and I don't know how those girls tolerate that behaviour in the one they respect and expect maturity from. Somehow, I don't think they get treated very well either.

Hi Rexi,
Thanks for your post. The issue you describe where men are pointing at you on the street, that seems less of a male/female dynamic than a cultural one. I see you live in Romania. I have not been there but I can imagine society there is still quite traditional there in many respects.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 4:48 am

Need to define: opposite sex.

I can make superficial social connections with multiple women.
Because I realize that I sometimes need help from certain people. And I try to make sure that I myself are equally useful at some point.

My deeper exchanges are overwhelmingly with men, and begin with online connections that don’t reveal anatomical sex.
I have a close female friend based on common interests in the plural and academic connections. But she herself is a tomboy in many ways, including her appearance, despite she has strong female gender identity.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:01 am

SpiralingCrow wrote:
Someone unleashed Pepe!

Post culling might be in the cards.
Tell them you don't mind my posts, please.