Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 5:12 pm

I’m feeling sooo overwhelmed with my apartment being messy, my toilet being clogged, my trash, my cat meowing in my ear. Everything is toooo much. I want to go back to bed & stay there. I can’t handle this. I hate having Aspergers. I feel like my body want to shut down.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 7:12 pm

Hopefully it improves for you soon.

I am overwhelmed too, and it often feels too much for me also. It's not easy. I guess I focus on the most important things first, and just them, such as self-care. Then when I can handle that and I start feeling less overwhelmed, I start branching out and looking for the next most important thing to work on, but making sure not to go too far so I don't go backwards via too many thoughts of what needs doing (that'll lead to becoming overwhelmed on its own). Focus on the one thing and do it, then move on to the next once done, is what I do. I can't really handle it either, but I still seem to be walking. My brain, mind and/or whatever wants my body to wither away, but I'll save too much woe; I guess it's trying to stop me from pushing myself beyond what it thinks I can handle.

Sometimes I can only really eat and sleep along with helping someone else where needed. Other times I can do quite a bit relatively speaking.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2022, 7:59 pm

When I feel bad, I drag myself outside. Sometimes it is really hard. But it helps me, and I know it helps. It might help you, too.
Good luck.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 11:28 am

I've had that overwhelmed feeling when I've looked at the mess I live in. The idea of making a big plan to transform the whole place just seems too big to contemplate.

It helped when I decided that if I just made sure it didn't get any worse, I could afford to feel neutral about myself instead of feeling guilty and stupid. So I got more careful about what I brought into the house and where I should put things down.

I couldn't face an extensive tidy-up of the whole house, so I started to focus on one task at a time. That worked quite well for me. It allowed me to keep the work reasonably simple and quick. I tried to prioritise those tasks but I would have needed a complete list of everything to do that properly, and that would have taken a long time and it would have probably demoralised me to see how long the list was. So I just did things randomly, maybe intuitively to some extent, sometimes I'd just notice something that was a mess and I'd decide to fix that, and sometimes I'd need to find something in a terribly disorganised pile of my stuff, and I'd decide that I'd better start sifting through it all and improve the ordering of it as I searched. It was also important to stay aware of what I was trying to do, so I could spot things like trying to sort out a cupboard without first having cleared enough space for me to put the contents as I removed it.

I still often dislike tidying and I don't feel very confident about most of the jobs, but that's better than it used to be because I can remember the jobs that did some lasting good, and I can afford to have some confidence in myself as a creator of order. None of it is as impossible as I've always felt it to be. I've compromised with the situation - I'll probably never get it all done but it's good enough to stop my life collapsing, it won't get any worse, and it will probably get slowly better.

Hope this helps.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 12:29 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m feeling sooo overwhelmed with my apartment being messy, my toilet being clogged, my trash, my cat meowing in my ear. Everything is toooo much. I want to go back to bed & stay there. I can’t handle this. I hate having Aspergers. I feel like my body want to shut down.

Is there anyone who can support you? Family or support worker? I think you need to go off to bed for a few days and get your head straight. Shut out the world for a little while.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 8:12 pm

I can cope with things a lot easier if I've had plenty of sleep, so bed can be an excellent place to start. It is also very easy for me to get to feeling like everything is too much effort when I just need to catch up on my water intake, so I keep track of that now. If in doubt, drink. 80% of the people in the emergency ward arrive dehydrated.
When I only had one path through the clutter in my workshop, I tidied up just a small space to do the most enjoyable kind of work. I still use the first thing I made daily, and I get a lot more done.

bunglebonse
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2022, 7:12 pm

I know this feeling, sometimes you just have to forgive yourself, do the bare minimum that it takes to keep ticking over and just wait for the feeling to pass. It helps to remember that it will pass and you will get back on top of things again.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 8:43 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
:heart:

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 8:44 pm

Try to take it one thing at a time. Even if you only tidy one thing every day, you will make progress and that will help you.

Wreck It Ralph

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2022, 9:26 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

At least you don’t live in public housing…

The apartment management was here last Thursday for inspection, and of course, I failed. I’m expecting to be evicted next month, as I can’t keep this place cleaned.

It matters not that they know I’m on the spectrum, I’m diabetic, and now been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease stage 3A. My kitchen and bathroom are a mess, they pulled the top off my stove and found tomato sauce underneath the burners. Problem is, I seldom use the stove, and it’s been over 6 months since I made chili. I get Meals on wheels, and most of the time, I look at food and want to puke. The only food I can barely stomach lately is either Chick-Fil-A or Wendy’s. The floors in the kitchen and bathroom need to be deck scrubbed, since I been having problems making it to the toilet, and end up pissing myself.

My endocrinologist just upped my dosage of Trulicity, and cut my dosage of Levemir and Novolin-R. My blood sugars are through the roof. I’ve upped my dosage back to what it was before he upped my dosage of Trulicity.Now I’m back to having my blood sugars, totaling a nosedive at 2AM in the morning (when I get up to take a piss), and I start seeing yellow and purple spots in front of my eyes. Most of the time, I can barely crawl out of bed in the morning, mostly because I’m spending most of the night in the bathroom.

I’ve been trying to contact a private cleaning service that serve other residents here in the complex, and have been doing nothing but play phone tag. I did manage to take a scrub brush to the bathtub, and the surrounding walls when I took my shower this evening. Didn’t get very far, as my lower back started hurting after 5 minutes on my feet. (No, I haven’t been doing the exercises, given to me by the physical therapist, as I haven’t been feeling too swift.)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 9:48 pm

Recommendation: Don't try to fix everything all at once. Pick one problem and fix that. Then repeat.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:17 pm

MuddRM wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

At least you don’t live in public housing…

The apartment management was here last Thursday for inspection, and of course, I failed. I’m expecting to be evicted next month, as I can’t keep this place cleaned.

It matters not that they know I’m on the spectrum, I’m diabetic, and now been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease stage 3A. My kitchen and bathroom are a mess, they pulled the top off my stove and found tomato sauce underneath the burners. Problem is, I seldom use the stove, and it’s been over 6 months since I made chili. I get Meals on wheels, and most of the time, I look at food and want to puke. The only food I can barely stomach lately is either Chick-Fil-A or Wendy’s. The floors in the kitchen and bathroom need to be deck scrubbed, since I been having problems making it to the toilet, and end up pissing myself.

My endocrinologist just upped my dosage of Trulicity, and cut my dosage of Levemir and Novolin-R. My blood sugars are through the roof. I’ve upped my dosage back to what it was before he upped my dosage of Trulicity.Now I’m back to having my blood sugars, totaling a nosedive at 2AM in the morning (when I get up to take a piss), and I start seeing yellow and purple spots in front of my eyes. Most of the time, I can barely crawl out of bed in the morning, mostly because I’m spending most of the night in the bathroom.

I’ve been trying to contact a private cleaning service that serve other residents here in the complex, and have been doing nothing but play phone tag. I did manage to take a scrub brush to the bathtub, and the surrounding walls when I took my shower this evening. Didn’t get very far, as my lower back started hurting after 5 minutes on my feet. (No, I haven’t been doing the exercises, given to me by the physical therapist, as I haven’t been feeling too swift.)
Do you get Medicaid or welfare services? If you do, you can get help with this.

Wreck It Ralph