Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2023, 10:18 pm

Is anyone else with autism severely sensitive to elastic on their clothes or undergarments. So painful, trying to figure out a way to make the pain go down and what to do about it.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2023, 11:52 pm

Elastic is part of my problem. I find pretty much every aspect of clothing unpleasant. I wear clothing as little as practical. When I'm in public I have to wear clothes but when I'm not in public, I am naked unless it's too cold. I find cold less comfortable than clothing so clothing becomes the lesser of evils.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2023, 4:17 am

I find elastic and some clothes unpleasant and annoying but usually manage not to think about it. But when I try to relax or meditate it becomes a problem.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 3:48 pm

I also feel sensitive to elastic. I guess the fact that I can't wear regular underpants makes me lucky in a way because I don't have to deal with elastic waistbands.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 4:38 pm

I buy drawstring pants and no shirts or other clothing I own have elastic, they have fixed cuffs or button cuffs that I can roll up, I tend to buy my clothing about 2 sizes too big to make sure nothing constricts my motion or squeezes me anywhere.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson