People who ask you "and?" when you are talking...

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

malco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2022, 3:35 am

Interesting. One of the biggest conversational problems I've encountered is someone taking umbrage at my disagreeing on some point and taking it personally instead of asking "why?" Disappointing+. I have a good reason for everything I say and do but am always open to correction. It's called learning :wink:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 5:35 am

Doesn't really bother me. I do it myself sometimes.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:57 am

"and" in a conversation means enough with the details, get to the point. My love of detail and 'side- explanations" often gets in the way of discussion and interchange of ideas, I have experienced this frequently, especially from those close to me. I don't think it is meant in a hostile way, they just want less information along the way to the point I am making, or trying to make.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 10:44 am

Okay so...the point being made by folks who do this 'and' thing is "get to the POINT!... dont be so longwinded."?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 2:14 pm

for me, in my experience that is how I interpret it. I give too much information most of the time, I have had to learn how to edit my thoughts, shared insights, info, etc to make it as short and to the point as possible.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 3:22 pm

It’s also something a supposedly “hip” person says to somebody perceived as not so “hip.”