Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

plutocat780
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2022, 4:07 pm

My father told me a story that when I was an infant in the hospital the doctors thought I was autistic because I wouldn't keep eye contact. He still decided to not put me in any special schools so I struggled immensely. Ever since I could remember I've struggled in social situations and was ostracized. Since 4 years old I can remember exactly. I've had very few close friends throughout life. I'm starting to think a friend I had in my 20's may have had Aspergers. Idk. I'm new to this site but I've heard of it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 4:14 pm

plutocat780 wrote:
Ever since I could remember I've struggled in social situations and was ostracized.

Welcome Brother plutocat780

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 5:15 pm

It certainly sounds like you could be autistic. It took me a while to figure it out...I just kept trying to learn as much as I could, but slowly and bit by bit. I would just have been overwhelmed by all the info and questions and confusion otherwise. The most helpful thing for me was listening to autistic people talking about their own lives and experiences. YouTube and TikTok were good for that.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:27 pm

Willkommen :mrgreen:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 8:33 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it beneficial.

I am unclear on whether you want to proceed toward a more "official" diagnosis or if you are satisfied with your current understanding. In case you want some "unofficial" answers, I hope you are aware of:
<=>- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test
<=>- Aspie-Quiz Registering is optional!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 9:34 am

plutocat780 wrote:
Don't know if I'm autistic

Neither do we. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2022, 9:53 am

I don't have a formal diagnosis but I have been devouring wathever I can read and connecting many dots in my life by myself, getting help from people here, and everything makes sense now. I am starting to be more forgiving of myself and learning strategies by myself. I think some people can be very skilled at learning by themselves, instead of having to talk about their lives with neurotypical professionals.It's all about how you are and feel.
My psychiatrist thinks I am autistic.

I wish you can find all information and support you need, the best way possible.