Non-binary 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Transgender MtF/Transfeminine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please write what else) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

GhostlyM
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2022, 8:16 am

I don't know how I must identify. Help me!

I just discovered what is Klinefelter syndrome and I think it's me. I don't ask you how to get a diagnosis : I'm currently followed by a psychiatrist, so it shouldn't be hard to get diagnosed. What I ask you is how do YOU identify, because I don't understand gender.

In fact, I thought I understood genders, but completely missed the mark. I thought that because I was socially different (I'll post the differences in KS males later on), I needed to identify at something else than a boy.
But from what I understand now, it's not because you are technically divergent from what we see in typical males that you need to identify differently. So I am really confused.

As it seems to be the case with most people with KS, I tend to be :
- Quieter ;
- Less assertive or self-confident ;
- More anxious or feeling like I can't rest ;
- Less physically active ;
- More helpful and eager to please ;
- More obedient and ready to follow directions ;
- Less interested in sex ;
- Less mature...
... Than neurotypical boys.
And in autistic boys with KS, people notice that they are shy and sensitive, as I once was...

I DID notice those traits in me, and was proud of them, I called them « my feminity », so I wanted to be seen as a feminine man and I started to put make up and got a feminizing haircut.
I also feel that I have feminine interests, taste and all in all that I am feminine. But I'm a male, because I like being in men's clothes, being called a man and hanging out with males, and I'm interested in girls and people that I see feminity in their personality.

Personnally, not that I'm asked irl, I feel as though my gender doesn't matter anymore, as what I noticed that was different in me is typically seen with this diagnostic. Why bother get a name for a gender if I even myself consider that I am a man?
That's what I would say as a gender : I'm a male with Klinefelter. It says lots more than the obscure terms that I found like juxeraboy, rosboy or masculina.
(I alternate between them quite often, but my absolute favorite is juxeraboy. I think its definition is swaggy and fits me best!)

I wanna know your experiences and opinion. If it's normal to have a «feminine brain» when you have Klinefelter syndrome and if I should identify as something else than a man if I feel that I'm more «feminine» than an ordinary boy and I wanna show it?

I would absolutely adore reading about you, so please don't be shy... :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:24 am

You don't know if you have Klinefelter's syndrome yet. I would wait until you get that diagnosis.

There are many non-Klinefelter's guys who fit your description. There's nothing wrong with that. It's human variation.

I guess, if I had Klinefelter's, that I would continue to call myself a "male," since one is a male when one has Klinefelter's. But then....how do you feel? Do you feel like a male, or something other than a male?

I'm sure you've researched this thoroughly. But I sent you something, nevertheless. I hope it is useful for you.

https://genetic.org/variations/about-47 ... twEALw_wcB

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:52 am

I'm a male.

I've identified as a male all my life. I've never had any doubts, ever, that I'm a male.

Saying this, I'm not a totally "macho" man. I have some so-called "feminine" interests.

But, overall, if one would observe me over time, one would never have a doubt that I am a male.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:34 am

I think a "Karyotype Genetic Test" would be used to detect Klinefelter Syndrome.

Note that, to someone who is not a medical professional, some Klinefelter Syndrome traits and Asperger's Syndrome traits could be confused for each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:10 am

Klinefelter syndrome can be proven with a simple genetic test, while ASDs cannot.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:22 am

Being given the choice between male and female, I identify as male and I don't have KS. I'd rather spare the details, because this isn't the right section for me to talk about such matters.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:24 am

I wonder what our women will have to say about this poll.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:57 am

Yep.....it's a simple genetic test. It's rather expensive, though----at least in the US.

Here's something which might be useful:

https://klinefelter.jhu.edu/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 4:35 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I wonder what our women will have to say about this poll.

Clearly this was aimed at men, but I'll give my two cents.

I'm a female but I don't fit many female stereotypes really. So I just class myself as a tomboy. I like that word.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2022, 11:37 pm

One of my oldest friends is a spectumite with diagnosed with klinefelter's. She identifies as a woman.

Now I will give you a bit of old person advice: you are a unique and special individual, and the most important labels you can have are the ones like kind, generous, loyal, good-hearted, and friend.

Good luck!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 1:20 am

I have never heard of KS before, but I score pretty high on that list. On another test, I score as 85% polarized - a long way from bi. I think that there are four main factors sowing confusion about gender identity these days. In historic order, they are the Industrial Revolution, which forced us to modify gender roles and made the basics so easy that we are no longer inter-dependent. Then the debate over which which human characteristics were caused by Nature vs Nurture was cancelled, in favour of the opinion that humans are uniquely lacking in instincts and non-visible gender distinctions. This managed to co-exist with a general promotion of women's accomplishments and silence about typically male virtues such as loyalty, bravery, and self-sacrifice. Boys have been steadily falling behind in education and status. Now, we also have a flood of endocrine disruptors in our food and general environment.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 8:16 am

P.S: Make that five factors. With the climate crisis coming on strong, and the middle class disappearing, people are exploring any excuse to not have children.