Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:04 am

I seldom "talk".

I just keep sharing information in order to get each other's opinions. This is usually in text form, either on paper or through e-text.

But when I am able to drain the energy (and our time) of an interested Aspie so that he often had to rest for two days, I began to ponder whether I had gone too far. :? :oops:
Before that, it is obvious that I have troubled many NTs as my friends.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:14 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I just keep sharing information in order to get each other's opinions. This is usually in text form, either on paper or through e-text.

Oh yes! I LOVE sharing information. But isn't it interesting that some people take offence when we share information? They seem to think we're making a comment or criticism of them.

Does that happen to you?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:33 am

KitLily wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

Oh yes! I LOVE sharing information. But isn't it interesting that some people take offence when we share information? They seem to think we're making a comment or criticism of them.

Does that happen to you?

No. Unless I am out of control, I only share objective facts or views on a third party thing.
But, I have done too much.

Sometimes I even need to stay active on several platforms/contacts so that one of them will not be exhausted or lose spare time.
However, not everyone can feed back the information density that I am satisfied with. So this kind of individual is not easy to find or maintain.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

thegamer23
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2022, 4:32 am

I can relate!
I also find Group Chats (whatsapp) very exhausting.
Everyone is talkative, sharing funny things, smiles, planning group activities all the time ecc.

I find myself shutting the phone off some hours until i feel more relaxed, and i may never reply or even forget about the subject of discussion.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 4:45 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
No. Unless I am out of control, I only share objective facts or views on a third party thing.

Same here. I state a fact, and people get into an argument with me. 'Are you saying I'm wrong?' 'Don't correct me!' 'Are you implying XYZ?'

It's bewildering.

MBlokzyl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jul 2022, 7:32 am

Yes. Always. My mother in law drones on and on never letting you speak. And if you do get to say something she doesn’t even listen and just goes back to rehashing stories she’s already told me ten times

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 9:10 am

Sometimes on the train on the way to the slave plantation, someone is screaming or playing loud music and I get a headache and I have to move to the next train. However there are only so many trains, and there are plenty of annoying customers

The Litterbox at work is like an (echo chamber). Loud talking, loud music, loud hand dryer. Confined location.

Sensory overload

And then sometimes precious lil "people" have the nerve to bother me. A couple of weeks ago, a day laborer had the nerve to scream "chino" at me from across the parking lot.

Sometimes they demand an answer, to unjustified questions.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:56 am

MBlokzyl wrote:
Yes. Always. My mother in law drones on and on never letting you speak. And if you do get to say something she doesn’t even listen and just goes back to rehashing stories she’s already told me ten times

My mother in law did that! It was always about her children when they were little, going over and over the same stories ad infinitum.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:29 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
Does anyone else, get overly drained by being around too many people, or just someone who talks a lot? A coworker of mine will just talk about whatever comes up in her mind, all day even if you're trying to be quiet and work. It can be a bit frustrating when she'll follow me around, trying to talk my ear off or stand around talking to customers when we have a job to do. I get extremely drained if I'm somewhere like a busy grocery store or around someone really extroverted.
I would just up and quit my job if a coworker did that to me.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
There are two types of people in this world. There are introverts and extroverts. Around 50 percent of the people in the world are introverts and the other half are "you guessed it" extroverts. Extroverts recharge their internal batteries by talking to others. That is how they recharge. Introverts recharge their bodies by being alone. We love quiet. It lets our minds restore.

That is not entirely true. There are introverts, extroverts and ambiverts. Ambiverts have both extrovert and introvert personality traits and is actually the most common type in the general population. I happen to be an ambivert myself, I love talking and being around people but I can be shy or quiet too.
It has to do with what recharges your batteries.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:33 pm

Pteranomom wrote:
Some people talk a lot, but it's good conversation. They talk *with* others, not just *at* others. And some people just want an audience.
I can't stand people who just want an audience. I absolutely cannot tolerate being around them at all.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:34 pm

Lady Strange wrote:
Very much so! I have a coworker who often talks at me rather than to me, and on and on about things that to me are just nothing I want to have a conversation about, but it is at work so I try to be sort of polite sometimes. Honestly other times I do ignore because it would be too much. I think it is just how some people are, but it is not fun to be "held hostage" by someone who wants to talk your ear off. I like a lot of quiet time and peace. I don't mind talking some, but I tend to be on the quiet side, always have been.
Being held hostage is such a great way to say it. That is exactly how it feels!

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:37 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah I used to know someone who would do that. They would start off and just keep going and going and going. Monotone voice as well.

I I just couldn't handle it. He was quite a popular person as well so I just put it down to me having the problem.

Trust me, you are not the problem in this situation.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Two main types of talkative people drain me.

• People who continue to express their enthusiasm for a cause long after I have already expressed my own support.

• People who avoid doing something about a problem by continuously expressing their feelings about the problem.

In either case, they seem to believe that expressing themselves is more important than anything else.

yes to this^^

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:41 pm

ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
Nobody seems to have mentioned that some of those irritating talkative people are probably autistic....
Whether they are Autistic or not makes no difference. They are still annoying.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:43 pm

KitLily wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

Does that happen to you?

Oh gosh, I can so relate. I hate when people twist my words when I am just sharing facts and they respond as if I am personally criticizing them. It's so infuriating when people do that.

Wreck It Ralph