Does a burnout involve being very forgetful doing things?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2022, 5:31 pm

Does a burnout result in being very forgetful and having issues doing things on their own, and feel a sense of dread constantly?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 6:06 pm

Forgetful. Yes. Can do. Side effect with me was my thought processes on how to do simple tasks was effected, and it frightened me when at one point I forgot how to walk.
It wasn't forgetting things but more the inbuilt thought processes of doing things that I found were effected.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 10 Jul 2022, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2022, 6:16 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Forgetful. Yes. Can do. Side effect with me was my thought processes on how to do simple tasks was effected, and it frightened me when at one point I forgot how to walk.

What’s your age and what do you think caused your burnout?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 6:38 pm

While I had events before which could have been mini burnouts, but the first one came for me in 2007 when I was around 35 and I have had several since then which got worse and worse each time I had one. 2007 was the last time I worked full time and 2019 was the last time I worked as I found the last one effected me seriously, but each time I hit one, I had to quit whatever job I had at the time as I did not know what was happening to me and I could not describe it to doctors so I did not tell them. I lost a lot. My house, classic car, camper... They really effected me because the year or two I needed off work to recover meant I had no income and did not know what was happening so I could not go off on sick or describe to doctors what it was.

Before the 2007 one, I did experience one or two but they were mild and just needed a but of a rest from the strains of life so recovery was quick. 2007 one I quit a very good job (My answer was to quit ad try a different line of work when I was ready as this would make me avoid what I thought caused me to burn out).

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 12:14 am

Sure.

Everything is too slow in the inside to keep up with the outside being too fast.
Encoding a memory feels like pouring water on an already full glass... Or was it that glass broken? Hmm..

Or perhaps just putting the files on top of some disorganized pile if it's encoded.
And retrieving is basically finding a lost file in a middle of a disorganized mess. It takes too much time -- it it does or is retrievable -- still slow.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
. . Or perhaps just putting the files on top of some disorganized pile . .

This is a very good description! :D

Back around 1988 when I was around 25-yrs-old, I called this “being stacked.”