Is it good or bad when people tell you their Asperger/

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 5:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
skibum wrote:
It works both ways though. There are plenty of things that nts are less able to consider about the neurodiverse population. But rather than understanding that, they will blame us and make us responsible for their inability to understand us.

Absolutely. Even what I'm describing there is based on how NTs would evaluate us for failing to understand their poorly explained norms.

If you're a small part of a bigger picture your experiences obviously matter to the discussion, but how much weight they receive (or how much time to express them) is rarely communicated in a clear manner and yet we're always 'at fault'.

I hope the term 'autistic inconsideration' carries less value loading than 'autistic narcissism' although both are obviously from the perspective of NTs evaluating us, not the other way around.

I'm down for pathologizing NTs, but sadly they're the majority so we're obliged to understand how they view us much more than they are obliged to understand how any of us might see them.
Yes! You and I are in agreement for sure.

I was not actually familiar with the term "autistic narcissism." To me, that term sounds cruel beyond measure.

Wreck It Ralph