Page 1 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2022, 12:14 am

After intense research into finding out the real cause of Asperger Syndrome, I was able to find out, more or less, the main cause for it. I'd like to talk to you about that now, and hope to also hear what you think about all this generally.
Well basically, it seems like there's no single cause for it, and most sources claim its a combination of various things which together cause the Asperger Syndrome. It seems like, a combination of things related to genetics, family history, mother's age, astrology sign, and more, all together combined can cause the syndrome.
Among the possible risk factors which increase the chance of having Asperger Syndrome, whether from birth or during early childhood, are these - based on the intense research I've done about this.

- Mother's age over 30. The older, the higher the chance.
- Family history of Autism spectrum disorders, like if your uncle / cousin had a similar thing, for example.
- Being born with one of the less social astrology signs, like capricorn, virgo, pisces, cancer.
- Bad parenting, although isnt the direct cause of it, can make the syndrome worse(I can personally confirm this).

There are more, but my intense research around the internet about it havent been able to 100% confirm it can be a risk factor for it.

I know it sounds kinda stupid, or maybe even unreasonable, but based on the information I know, the intense research I've performed about this, I've come to conclude these are one of the main risk factors. The combination of all possible causes together are the cause of the syndrome itself, not just one of the things can cause it alone.

If you can please share what you think about all this, specifically about the possible risk factors I've concluded, I'd appreciate that. And you can also share what you think about all this generally, thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 12:47 am

I have 1/4 at worst.
My younger sister has 4/4 at worst.

I'm autistic.
My younger sister is NT.

Including factors like premature birth, childhood sickness, birth via c session, etc. My sister has them all -- I don't. She's still an NT, and I'm not.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:21 am

Noamx wrote:
After intense research into finding out the real cause of Asperger Syndrome, I was able to find out, more or less, the main cause for it. I'd like to talk to you about that now, and hope to also hear what you think about all this generally.
Well basically, it seems like there's no single cause for it, and most sources claim its a combination of various things which together cause the Asperger Syndrome. It seems like, a combination of things related to genetics, family history, mother's age, astrology sign, and more, all together combined can cause the syndrome.
Among the possible risk factors which increase the chance of having Asperger Syndrome, whether from birth or during early childhood, are these - based on the intense research I've done about this.

- Family history of Autism spectrum disorders, like if your uncle / cousin had a similar thing, for example.
- Being born with one of the less social astrology signs, like capricorn, virgo, pisces, cancer.
- Bad parenting, although isnt the direct cause of it, can make the syndrome worse(I can personally confirm this).

There are more, but my intense research around the internet about it havent been able to 100% confirm it can be a risk factor for it.

I know it sounds kinda stupid, or maybe even unreasonable, but based on the information I know, the intense research I've performed about this, I've come to conclude these are one of the main risk factors. The combination of all possible causes together are the cause of the syndrome itself, not just one of the things can cause it alone.

If you can please share what you think about all this, specifically about the possible risk factors I've concluded, I'd appreciate that. And you can also share what you think about all this generally, thanks.

- My mother was exactly 30
- My dad, my brother, and both grandfathers seem to have been autistic (not tested but quite sure)
- I'm a Cancer sign
- Bad parenting: Well, dad was ASD. Mother and I weren't affectionate for a number of reasons

I'm in the process of having genetic testing done to find out the mutation which caused my ASD.
My mother also had prolonged exposure to heavy metal toxins when she was pregnant.
Then I was exposed to it until age 4.

I'm ASD Level 2 with combined-type ADHD.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 2:21 am

IMO, it's maybe caused by aberrant maternal antibodies passed onto the child, maybe from a microbe in combination with genetic susceptibility, which leads to neuroinflammation in said child. :| Immune system related anyway.

-my mother was 21
-both parents show symptoms of an ASD, sister ADHD
-yeah, and maybe that coincides with various microbes going around at the time
-50/50 on the parenting front; father bad, mother good. Got enough love from the latter to offset the former

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 2:32 am

My mother was 26 when I was born
My father had severe ASD traits, never diagnosed,
best guess is my mother has some kind of narcissistic personality disorder, or ASD, or both, also never diagnosed
I'm not any of those particular astrological signs mentioned.
My father was completely self-absorbed and wandered off when I was about 14, my mother was abusive and still is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 3:42 am

last born, worst symptoms. mother was 38. dad was 32 but had health issues [diabetes, heart disease, thyroid problems, alcoholism/smoking].

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 4:46 am

Quote:

My mum was 25 when she had me.

Quote:

Distant relatives on my mum's side have Asperger's but nobody in my family has severe autism or ADHD. None of my parents have ASD, nor any of my cousins. My mum just had anxiety disorder.

Quote:

I'm Taurus, but no, I don't believe astrology signs correlate to autism at all. Some people don't even believe in astrology. I do, but not to that extreme.

Quote:

Asperger's is something one is born with. So bad parenting can cause the child's social development to be affected in some way but still doesn't mean it's autism. I was brought up in a healthy environment and with decent, loving parents by the way.

My mum or dad had no underlying health conditions and my mum didn't smoke or drink alcohol during pregnancy.

Also I wasn't born premature (in fact I was a week late), and had no other birth complications. I literally had none of these factors, yet I still turned out broken. It's just genes and I got the faulty crappy gene.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:30 am

Well autism does run in my family, so genetic for sure. Autistic people in my family keep marrying young and healthy NTs and it didn't seem to have stamped it out. Must be very dominant. :) I don't have the other risk factors. In fact women in my family always had their children before 30.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:07 am

One cannot just pin down one “cause” of autism.

My mother was 26. She smoked. She had childhood trauma.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:17 am

Mom was 22, Dad was 29
Two cousins diagnosed on my fathers side. Dad and siblings with traits but probably not enough to be diagnosed
Parenting just fine.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:19 am

- Mother was in her early 20's when I was born.
- No family history of Autism spectrum disorders.
- Astrology is crap.
- ASD inspired frustration in parents, leading to "bad" parenting; which was responsible for mild PTSD issues only.

What next, refrigerator moms and polio vaccines?

:roll: The OP's entire premise is bushlit.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 9:22 am

Fnord wrote:
- Mother was in her early 20's when I was born.
- No family history of Autism spectrum disorders.
- Astrology is crap.
- ASD inspired frustration in parents, leading to "bad" parenting; which was responsible for mild PTSD issues only.

What next, refrigerator moms and polio vaccines?

:roll: The OP's entire premise is bushlit.

Sorry OP, but I do agree with Fnord.

Astrology has nothing to do with whether you have autism or not, and is impossible to be a cause or correlation to anything other than personality traits (well, some people don't even believe in that). It's like if your baby is born in December then it might be more at risk of being autistic than if it was born in January. No, that is not how it works.

Also other disorders such as PTSD, anxiety or depression can share some similar behaviours of autism but not be autism.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 9:49 am

Studies in Lyme disease , have attributed some autistics are borne when there is a high level of the bacteria Borrelia burdorphi , in the Mother or Father or both . Extended exposure to higher levels of this bacteria have the ability to affect the genome of the Same people . Apparently age seems to be a commonly suggested contributor to Autistic birth rate . source ( Lyme.org).
Symptoms in early and late stage Lyme infections share similiar, Symptoms with Autistic individuals. In a variety of ways .
At one point in WW2 brilliant biowarfare scientists successfully developed ways to weaponize this illness .
(Source : FOIA results reprinted in the book Lyme and the S.S. Elbe)

where ever you go ,there you are

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 10:34 am

There are genetic factors. And now there are also environmental causes. And there can be a combination of both. There is also a version of Autism called institutional Autism where children who grown up in institutions become Autistic. The reason why there are so many causes is that Autism is diagnosed by observing symptoms. So anything that makes the brain behave in those ways gets labelled Autism. That is why there is such a rise. With the increase of environmental factors which can affect the brain in that manner, we are seeing what can be called an epidemic. Bad parenting does not cause Autism and neither does astrological birth signs. Bad parenting can make you more stressed which can cause trauma affecting your Autism but bad parenting is not the cause of Autism.

Wreck It Ralph

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 3:17 pm

Any theory claiming astrology as an anchor point has automatically debunked itself.

There is absolutely no empirical evidence that astrology is anything other than a popular superstition.

From a scientific point of view, while the lack of proof does not mean something it's not true, ALSO from a scientific point of view, the lack of a reasonable explanation does not mean that unreasonable explanations are true.  The woo-woo crowd latches on to only the first part, and completely disregards the second.  There is more influence on people at birth from the gravitational fields of the people around them in the delivery room than from the Moon, the Sun, the planets, and the stars.

Besides, there are 88 constellations in the sky and 13 constellations along the ecliptic, not 12.  Astrologers completely ignore these observable facts.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

My parents were in their 20's. They loved me and probably did the best they could with parenting. They were overly harsh with discipline, especially corporal punishment, and they did not understand my quirks and specific needs. Bad parenting does not cause autism, though. (Personal experience is anecdotal evidence.)

I'm a Gemini, and I fit very few of the characteristics that Geminis supposedly have. I'm the exact opposite of many of them in fact. (I don't believe in astrology. It's been continually debunked, and there's no valid evidence to prove that it's real.)

Autism does run in my family. Research has proven that there is a strong genetic component to autism.