Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 6:03 am

Joe90 wrote:
I knew you wasn't implying that. Plus you clarified it in your post. I don't think anybody who preferred the lockdown days enjoyed the virus killing people. :)

...All I wanted to do was to stay home every day and not have to go out, but being a key worker I had no choice but to go out, and only the vulnerable got their medications delivered to them so I had to go out to the pharmacy to collect mine...

Also 2020 and 2021 were my mum's last 2 years on this planet and she needed me more than ever, but I couldn't be with her because of lockdown...I wasn't allowed to see my ill mother yet Boris Johnson was having social parties behind our backs. That still makes me mad.

Thanks for understanding. I know that online we have to be super careful to clarify everything, otherwise people will jump on us. I could imagine people saying 'how dare you say you preferred lockdown! Do you mean you preferred seeing people dying? You horrible person!' Online life eh.

Yes it was horrendous for key workers. My husband is a nurse, he had to go to work all the time too. It really affected him and he had a breakdown last autumn. My friend works in a food shop, she got spat at, coughed at, shouted at etc. It was a horrible time for keyworkers. I hope you are getting some peace now.

That behaviour of Boris Johnson and his cronies partying while people were ill and died alone makes me furious too. How people can vote for the Tories after that is beyond me. And how people can dismiss it as unimportant and fake news makes me angry too. Our government is laughing at us 'plebs.'

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:51 am

Nearly empty streets much more quiet and serene than crowded streets, so I liked it

However having a lot of businesses closed was , in my opinion, not justified, just because of coronavirus.

Not enough buses during lockdown

Library and counseling clinic closed

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 9:22 pm

I lived in a rural area all of my life. I never was allowed to learn how to drive or get a job. My life was like lockdown before lockdown was even a thing. Lockdown changed nothing for me.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 4:54 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
I lived in a rural area all of my life. I never was allowed to learn how to drive or get a job. My life was like lockdown before lockdown was even a thing. Lockdown changed nothing for me.

I know I replied to this comment! Where did it go?

I also live in a rural area and I work from home. Lockdown was better because my husband and daughter were at home with me so I wasn't lonely. It's worse now they are back at work and college.

Why weren't you allowed to drive or get a job? That worries me, I hope you're okay.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 5:56 am

KitLily wrote:
I don't like it now the world has gone back to 'normal.'

In lockdown everyone was working from home, like me. Everyone was anxious and lonely, like me. For once, I fitted in and was normal and part of the human race.

I could see and hear my neighbours and wave to them. All the houses nearby were occupied all day instead of empty. When I went for my daily walk, if I saw another human they were keen to say hello and be friendly. There was a sense of community. The world was quiet without endless cars, planes etc. buzzing around.

Now everyone has moved on, back to living exciting lives, it's noisy and busy, I'm the odd one out again.

If life was like lockdown (without millions of people dying of course), I'd like it better.

I relate.

I 'dont get around much anymore' so being shut down had zero effect on my lifestyle.

The one and only thing I missed was...grocery store salad bars (those places in the produce section with sneeze guards where you can pile up your own choice of food). I prefer salad bar food to fast-food-food. And the grocery chains all closed down their salad bars, and are only now gradually reintroducing them.