Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 1:00 pm

The Imoduim didn't work, so I'll try out plan P for pot.

Actually, I don't want to screw up my brain with street drugs of any kind.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 1:38 pm

Just a thought : if dealing with a lack of neural pruning . There are a variety of ways , I think to dampen the synaptic response in the nervous system . And alcohol is not a good option obviously because of variety of systems it affects in the body . So some mildly psychoactive strains of Pot might amorliate the intensity of these same neural responses . Either with cbd or thc or a mild combination of both . But am not sure this is anything new . As
Previously a product to create this same effect in some very I ll children called Charlottes web is a refined version of these 2 components of this same tincture made from pot . And is credited with saving their lives.
noted from publicly
Available research . Some of these kids were dealing with illnesses that seemed to cause almost chronic seizures 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 8:25 pm

I recently (in the past year or so) tried CBD for my chronic pain, but found it had no effect.

I smoked some pot in college, but found it just made me sleepy. I just spent some time in Ontario, where pot is legal. It crossed my mind to try it again, but really have little interest in decreasing my ability to perceive the world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 11:37 pm

I don't need to take any of that stuff, because I'm already slow enough as it is.

orbweaver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2022, 11:44 pm

I only seem to be able to carry on conversations with people if I smoke some weed first. It's like I have to actively make myself dumber to interact normally with people.

ASD (dx. 2004, Asperger's Syndrome) + ADHD

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 11:47 pm

Jakki wrote:
AutismComplexPTSD= 8O :wall: :wall: ....AutismComplexPTSD+POT= :D :D :D :D

only with medical advise , :wink:

Lovely graphic. :P

I wish it were true for me.

It makes my tinnitus go crazy and I eat like a pig.

That's about all.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 8:35 am

I like it. I don't use it much but I like the way it increases the pleasure I get from food and music. I tend to use it as an escape hatch when I'm overly stressed.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 8:48 am

I was a very heavy user for many many years, permanently stoned. It helped me in a lot of ways, coming to terms with what had happened to me in childhood, finding and maintaining a long term relationship and expanding my horizons in terms of music, appreciating nature, architecture, that sort of thing.

However, it did ruin my cognitive skills, being able to recall facts and figures and worst of all encouraged me to identify as and play the victim in life with silly ideas of what a utopia would look like instead of accepting that life isn't always fair and that the alternative to difficult or uncomfortable truths wouldn't necessary have been an improvement.
Definitely lowered my sexual inhibitions (not always a positive) and it put a strain on my relationship with family members who thought I'd lost the plot, some of which have never been repaired.

Overall I'd say it's not so much of a problem if it's mostly confined to artistic and creative types, but you'd be heading for a breakdown and ultimate collapse in society if everybody was taking it.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 10:10 am

^^^check your post count. Coincidence?

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 10:48 am

DuckHairback wrote:
^^^check your post count. Coincidence?

Ha, 420, I hadn't noticed that, no.

I feel I should revise my initial post, a lot of the positives might have been more to do with my taking LSD than marijuana, I was already using marijuana when I had LSD but I may not have needed or found much benefit with marijuana had I taken LSD first, but of course, there is a very great risk indeed with LSD and this is not in any way shape or form a recommendation. I didn't really have anything to lose at the time and felt it worth the risk and I got lucky.

It's a tragedy that Timothy Leary ruined the potential for LSD to be an effective treatment for psychiatric disorders in the 1960s. Under supervision and the right conditions, I think it could well have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people from a lifetime of addiction to legal alternatives that do nothing but numb the pain as well as the pleasure.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:05 pm

Does seem like a few people here just use it for some intensity of entertainment . Found if used limitedly , one , like me , can get positive benefits I feel. Am not referring to using it in great large amounts but certain times when the anxiety is high and big stressors, triggers , a very small amount , used , then wait and do not get carried away .
It has served me well to use it in a medicinal way . I would much rather indulge in its use . Versus , the terrible
Psyche meds and their side effects . Or tranquilizers and barbiturates that have been prescribed in the past .
Hate the idea of using something to help cope .. but it has truly helped . Some people get memory issues with it ..
I personally find that under stress my memory is weak . But without the stress ,my recall seems to be alittle better for me .

where ever you go ,there you are

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:10 am

orbweaver wrote:
I only seem to be able to carry on conversations with people if I smoke some weed first. It's like I have to actively make myself dumber to interact normally with people.

I found, late in life, that alcohol serves this purpose for me, but its use comes with unpredictable costs that I'm not really willing to pay any more.

I haven't yet learned how to "use" Marijuana to a degree sufficient for it to serve me well, in ANY capacity. I'm willing to try again, though, after not having partaken for quite a few years.

For now, Kratom seems to help me a little, some of the time.

Darron

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:13 am

I used to enjoy a wake n bake. It used to go a long way to helping me through a day in the call centre.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 1:09 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The Imoduim didn't work, so I'll try out plan P for pot.

Actually, I don't want to screw up my brain with street drugs of any kind.

I'm pretty sure it's not a street drug when you buy it from something just like The Beer Store.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 5:23 am

I unfortunately use weed largely to self-medicate my severe depression. It's the most effective way I can achieve momentary reprieve.

I'm under the influence right now.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 6:35 am

Wouldn’t recommend marijuana. Made me intensely paranoid and anxious.

I would even go so far as occasionally psychotic, I actually heard voices that were not there but fortunately never became delusional with it like in schizophrenia.

Everyone has to do what works for them I suppose but think if you have a mental health problem it can magnify it as it did to me.

- George Bernie Shaw