Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

Has your personality stayed the same since childhood or early adolescence or has it changed?

I’m not really talking about behavior so much as innate personality traits, like extroverted, introverted, serious, a jokester, etc.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:35 pm

I used to be stiff, serious, fearful as a child.

Now, I’m more jovial and less fearful and shy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:37 pm

I used to be stiff, serious, fearful as a child, and overly concerned with what other people think of me.

Now, I do not give a ████!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:43 pm

I’ve had the opposite change. I used to be bold, bubbly, extroverted, and annoying as a child, but now I’m the opposite. I’m extremely shy and introverted. I’m still annoying, though. :wink:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:46 pm

I'm sort of the same from when I was a kid, but I was a lot more aloof and impulsive/impatient then. I'm pretty self aware and chill now... Probably too chill because I let people take advantage of my patience a lot. lol

My core personality traits have stayed pretty much static though since I was a baby/toddler.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 4:47 pm

For the most part I have many enduring character traits. I do think I am less guarded now than I was as a kid. I am also far less of an adrenaline junkie, if I am being honest. :lol:

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2022, 7:10 pm

I've mellowed a lot.
I used to be very lonely, which made me cranky. Now I have my family and am happy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 9:11 pm

I was hyper and bubbly as a child. I used to talk about my special interests to anyone who'd listen. I just keep to myself these days unless I'm around people that I know I can trust.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 5:14 am

My "introversion" and seriousness have changed over the years. There was a time when I was quite outgoing, and I still can be in the right company, but it's rare that I find it, and most of the time these days I'd class myself as unusually serious and aloof. I think some personality traits are like that - they depend on the social environment, or on what the individual perceives the social environment to be like.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 5:23 am

Unknown.
I'm too inconsistent to actually know if I actually grew up or not.

Didn't had a chance to be certain except just to be confused and very frustrated.
That didn't improved with age. It got worse in certain aspects even.

Supposedly, an adult should stop caring -- my head does. My damnable emotional self doesn't and refuse to grow the **** up.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 5:52 am

Yes - I remain exactly the same person I was, since my very early childhood, when I started to show my personality traits for the first time. Minus, of course the natural, minor - very minor - differences that have their source in the fact of the natural development of my personality over the course of years, due to the experiences that have shaped me in this or that manner. I don't believe actually, that people change as such - we just develop and deepen what there already is about us, reaching the very core of our personality that remains intact in this respect, whether you are five or eighty five. I, at least, haven't changed per se with the passage of time - I am just developing and deepening what there already is in me :) Or at least I haven't changed since I finally entered my teens - exactly the quarter of century ago - and developed the ability of abstract thinking - because as a kid, regardless of how smart, mature and generally wise beyond my young years I was, I couldn't perform the same thought operations as adults. As a teenage girl - I was able to do it. Whether I was 13 or 38 (as of now), I was mentally the same - the same way of thinking, behaving, verbalizing my thoughts etc. Later any differences between myself at different stages of my life starting from my early teenage-hood, boiled down merely to quantity (as in the increasing number of my life experiences and knowledge I acquire over the course of years) and not quality (like in childhood, when even two years were a big difference between my way of thinking at different stages of my childhood).

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 9:16 am

pretty much the same

although I've lost my sense of humour over the years

the world is so serious... 8O

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 9:18 am

I'm so bored with the serious

on the bright side I have pesto and swoodles...

a keto love affair (see Tesco)

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 9:19 am

oh and my obsessions have changed from Madonna to foodism !

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 9:21 am

Madge what ya doing...you don't look like you anymore

you were so beautiful in the 80s and 90s

such a beautiful girl

stop having cheek implants!! !!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 6:16 am

To those that know me, it's always been about the same. Disorder can affect it, of course. I like to keep personality and disorder separate, unless personality is disordered, which mine probably is, but there's no diagnosable label for it just yet (echoism).

Disorder made and makes it hard for me to show such to others, though.