Israel to trial CBD as treatment for autism

Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:52 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
ADHD has its own medicine, and it is up to the client or at least their guardian to decide whether to take it. Like most other medical problems.

Exactly! People shouldn't be forced to take medication! Especially if someone tells them it will 'magically cure their symptoms.' That is highly suspicious.

Also, where did ADHD come from? I thought this thread was about autism?

I'm not sure what is going on in this thread tbh. It's getting rather muddled.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:10 pm

KitLily wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
ADHD has its own medicine, and it is up to the client or at least their guardian to decide whether to take it. Like most other medical problems.

Exactly! People shouldn't be forced to take medication! Especially if someone tells them it will 'magically cure their symptoms.' That is highly suspicious.

If ASD has a corresponding medicine, it is unlikely to be used in a different way from the medicine of ADHD.
That is, if you are not worried about the medicine for ADHD, there is no reason to panic about the medicine for potential ASD.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:13 am

Its like everything else, some people swear by CBD and Melatonin Etc. I think its mostly placebo as neither has ever done anything for me, but if it works for others for what ever reason, good for them.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:29 am

I have tried CBD oil before and I find it keeps me in a very calm state when I am in situations that I find upsetting. As for the purpose of using CBD to help individuals mask, I like that better than trying to mask when I am not doing CBD

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2022, 10:13 pm

weed makes me twitchy, benzo and gaba-relared drugs are much better for calming me down and reducing stress. but they won't fix my social issues, they just make me less bothered by them and less tense in public.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 6:43 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
KitLily wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

If ASD has a corresponding medicine, it is unlikely to be used in a different way from the medicine of ADHD.
That is, if you are not worried about the medicine for ADHD, there is no reason to panic about the medicine for potential ASD.

ADHD meds are usually being compared to wearing glasses.

The glasses doesn't cure the vision impairments, wouldn't? And the wrong lenses makes things worse. And then there's this preferences, comfort, "style", which can take years or several frames and brands before getting it right...
Also lifestyle can worsen said vision impairments and would need to make adjustments because of that.

Why not with AS having meds as well?

Except there's no lasik equivalent for those. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.