Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2022, 9:50 pm

https://youtu.be/8z9WHi2CMlg
Chris Chan is the most documented person on the internet apparently and has previously stated that they have HFA(high functioning autism) however looking at their behavior I see them more as mid functioning. For those aware of them, how would you classify their level of functioning? And can any of you relate to their behaviors?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:07 pm

I've been aware of Chris since I was like 11. lol

I don't really have any comments on her level of functioning. I relate to some aspects of her upbringing, but I didn't "turn out" how she did so I don't relate to her behaviour much. A lot of her behaviour seems to be due to mental illness instead of just autism.

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2022, 10:23 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I've been aware of Chris since I was like 11. lol

I don't really have any comments on her level of functioning. I relate to some aspects of her upbringing, but I didn't "turn out" how she did so I don't relate to her behaviour much. A lot of her behaviour seems to be due to mental illness instead of just autism.

Hmmm that’s a good point but I don’t see Chris having anything other then autism. I don’t see Chris having a psychotic disorder like bipolar or schizophrenia. I have bipolar and Chris definitely doesn’t ever seem to be manic or anything of the sort. I doubt schizophrenia for various reasons too. I think Chris may just autism

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:57 pm

I am "aware" of him/her to some extent.

He is more interesting as a social phenomenon than as a person in my opinion because he has become the first "village idiot" of the "global village". The Truman Show movie come to life. A human trainwreck that everyone on the Net either gawks at, or tries to ignore.

Its astounding to someone like me (who grew up in the 20th century) how someone without fame (ie is almost never mentioned in print, nor on radio nor on TV) can be so famous (ie known to billions around the globe) simply because of the Net.

But I am not super 'up' on the latest about him/her, nor the details of his/her mental disorders.

I know that he is supposed to autistic, and at some point had a sex change, or something.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 11:25 pm

I'm aware of him to a point. I can't really relate to many of his behaviours.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 1:22 am

No recall at all. My closest match is Chris Craft, the boat manufacturer.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 5:51 am

I've been following Chris. I think people have been cruel to him/her, very cruel. I think Chris is mid functioning and seems a bit delusional on account of the letters Chris sent from jail.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:10 am

Yes. He is a "lol cow" for a whole...subculture on the Web. As I understand it.

------

If he had a way to monetize all of the attention (good, and bad) that he gets- and money went to getting him mental health support then...I wouldnt mind folks laughing at him (if they could pay him for the privilege).

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:30 am

I do in passing curiosity.

And no, I don't relate to that person's autism, lifestyle and interests or circumstances.

As a person -- nope.
Unless my desire to keep things to myself (including special interests, any existing passions and expressions, let alone identity) is non-existent, along with my sense of pride and shame and standards...

If this particular autistic had real support, she could've been better than me in more ways than one and actually been "HFA".
But nope. Her circumstances are screwed up.

The way I see it, it's not just the autism. Not at all.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
I do in passing curiosity.

And no, I don't relate to that person's autism, lifestyle and interests or circumstances.

As a person -- nope.
Unless my desire to keep things to myself (including special interests, any existing passions and expressions, let alone identity) is non-existent, along with my sense of pride and shame and standards...

If this particular autistic had real support, she could've been better than me in more ways than one and actually been "HFA".
But nope. Her circumstances are screwed up.

The way I see it, it's not just the autism. Not at all.

What else do you think is at work here?

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2022, 11:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes. He is a "lol cow" for a whole...subculture on the Web. As I understand it.

------

If he had a way to monetize all of the attention (good, and bad) that he gets- and money went to getting him mental health support then...I wouldnt mind folks laughing at him (if they could pay him for the privilege).

What makes you think of chris as being more mid functioning? Like what specific signs do you see

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 6:46 am

the ease of which he was tricked into doing unwise things again and again, would point him away from being high functioning. Im pretty convinced he is not HFA. But he is not screaming randomly so he is not low functioning.

I saw Chris letters from jail where he talks about being Jesus and other spiritual delusions so...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 8:09 pm

So he is not just autistic. He is batshit crazy!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 8:37 pm

I think he is just low IQ with autism.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.