Can a moms tumor in stomach help form autism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm

Just wondering. My mom told me I was in the womb holding my arms over my face trying to escape it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 5:54 pm

I doubt it cos my mom has never had cancer

DavidJSNSW64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2022, 5:57 pm

No comment.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm

Just NO

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 6:42 pm

Well, practically everything that goes wrong in a woman's body during pregnancy causes autism so I don't see why this shouldn't.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:24 pm

Don't even know what to say to that!

Wreck It Ralph

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:34 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
Just wondering. My mom told me I was in the womb holding my arms over my face trying to escape it.
Your mom obviously does not know anything about medical science, oncology, or biology.

Let me guess . . . Baptist or Jehovah’ Witness?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2022, 10:31 am

Guys I'm so sorry, I was just wondering. My mom never implied that was a cause for autism. I'm seeking official diagnosis myself and doing research. If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. No disrespect intended.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 10:32 am

BreathlessJade wrote:
Guys I'm so sorry, I was just wondering. My mom never implied that was a cause for autism. I'm seeking official diagnosis myself and doing research. If I offended anyone, I'm truly sorry. No disrespect intended.

I don't think it was offensive, you only asked a question.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2022, 10:36 am

Fnord wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
Your mom obviously does not know anything about medical science, oncology, or biology.

No no she never told me that it was related to autism. I'm doing my own research. It was a stupid question, my apologies.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2022, 11:05 am

Fnord wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:

I am Christan but have very differing views on stigmatizing it. I hate the general christian view on ASD. Its shallow. For me autism is different wiring not something people need to "fix"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 11:11 am

BreathlessJade wrote:
Fnord wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
Your mom obviously does not know anything about medical science, oncology, or biology.  Let me guess . . . Baptist or Jehovah’ Witness?
No no she never told me that it was related to autism. I'm doing my own research. It was a stupid question, my apologies.
Oh, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.  Some topics will trigger certain responses.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2022, 11:49 am

Fnord wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
Fnord wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
Your mom obviously does not know anything about medical science, oncology, or biology.  Let me guess . . . Baptist or Jehovah’ Witness?
Oh, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.  Some topics will trigger certain responses.

No prob...I should have explained myself much better

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
Your mom is incorrect. What she said makes no sense at all. There is no way at all that what your mother said could have caused Autism. And how could she possibly know that you were holding your arms over your face in the womb? If she had ultrasounds, they were only one moment in time and you were in the womb for almost a year. I am sure that your arms were all over the place as were your legs when you in the womb. And what exactly does she think you were trying to escape when you were in the womb? It actually angers me that your mom could tell you something like that. So sorry that you were made to believe something that is so ridiculous.

Wreck It Ralph

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm

I think that any problem that a mother has during pregnancy can cause autism.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2022, 1:39 pm

skibum wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
Your mom is incorrect. What she said makes no sense at all. There is no way at all that what your mother said could have caused Autism. And how could she possibly know that you were holding your arms over your face in the womb? If she had ultrasounds, they were only one moment in time and you were in the womb for almost a year. I am sure that your arms were all over the place as were your legs when you in the womb. And what exactly does she think you were trying to escape when you were in the womb? It actually angers me that your mom could tell you something like that. So sorry that you were made to believe something that is so ridiculous.

No, I'm very very sorry. I am asking that on my own. She never made that assumption. Forgive me, I was very curious about about any complications that could bring. As for the arms and legs covering...that's good to know, she may have made an inaccurate claim (unintentionally) thanks for your feedback and sorry for the confusion