Is it an autism thing to not like traveling?

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2022, 11:32 am

Is motion sickness common in ASD?

I actually don't think change is alot about change in many ways. To me it is a lot about planning. To travel one must plan. You can have motion sickness and/or difficulties with planning.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 1:16 pm

I've never seen travel sickness listed in the autism criteria.

I seem to have this fear of getting sick while away from home. It's not homesickness (even though both words are in the same sentence), it's just when I'm going on any trip my first worry is "what if I get sick while I'm away?" What I mean by that is viruses but mostly vomiting. I've found that nearly every time I stay far away from home I wake up in the night feeling very sick (this usually occurs on the first night and/or the last night). It's not anxiety of being away, it's anxiety of being unwell while away.
I think I worry about getting anything that causes vomiting or diarrhea (norovirus, food poisoning, vertigo, etc) while away because vomiting is so extremely involuntary and when you're vomiting it usually indicates that there's something wrong and you don't know how long it could go on for. So the feeling of having to travel home in such bad health like that scares me. How do you travel whilst throwing up, especially by public transport?